Why is it that some Christians don't believe in Global Warming?

amydh

Asked by amydh at 7:29 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Mostly it's because they don't care about global warming at all. They think their imaginary god is going to make "a new heaven and a new earth" for them, so it doesn't matter if they screw this earth all to hell. They're going to get a new one! Yeah, right!! We'll see if they still think so when they can't breath the air or drink the water and Jesus still hasn't come to reward their negligence towards this planet with a whole new one.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 10:09 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I believe certain things about Global Warming, however, I think the facts are grossly exaggerated.

dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 7:34 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• why is it that some new agists don't beleive in global warming, or some athiest, or muslims, or catholics, or later day saints, or.....get my point?
    Anonymous

• I remember when I was in Jr High school in 1970 and the scientists were saying the earth was entering a mini-ice-age, and that by the year 2010 a full 1/4-1/2 of the globe was going to be encased in glacier ice. Well, now it's 2008 and the same scientists are not worried about too much ICE, but too much HEAT! So, no, I don't trust them, and I'm not a Christian, either!
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 7:48 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I'm a Christian. Where do you live? Come to Michigan and stay through ONE WINTER!! You'll never believe in Global Warming AGAIN!!! And, yes, I realize that the Polar Ice Caps are melting. I also realize that Global Warming is the alleged cause of the beginning of an Ice Age. It's not that i am uninformed on the subject. I just don't believe it because it's sure not happening here!!!! Like I said, I invite you to spend ONE winter here....
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 8:36 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I'm a Christian and I do not believe in global warming. A few reasons (and I'm not a scientist, I'm a musician) are just looking at history. Some years were warmer, some were cooler. Recently a team of thousands of scientists presented a bill to congress to prove that global warming did not exist. This was not put on the news. And nothing was done about it. That and the core temp. of the earth was more than a degree COOLER last year than the year before. I think it is all hype meant to put money in Al Gore's pocket so he can spend $1500 a month on his electric bill. Now, with that being said... I do try to be environmentally friendly, I do tend to buy some "green" products. I do use reusable grocery bags. I do recycle. I think that we should take care of the planet that God gave us.
    icook

Answer by icook at 8:57 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• i am a christian and i think there are definatly issues with our earth. we have treated it badly, and all of us need to be more conscious to take care of what God has given us. however, for me its not such an issue of not believing in global warming as it is not being afraid. im not afraid because i trust God. simply put. many will disagree with me, and im expecting some hate from some thats already posted, but thats my answer.
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 11:32 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Heck some Non-Christians don't believe in Global Warming. Take me for example. Do I believe the Polar Ice Caps are melting as a result of Global warming due to human consumption and pollution. NO.

The earth has undergone warming and cooling trends every few hundred years or so. Likewise in space the occurrence of Solar flares which increase energy being radiated towards earth. There is also the shift in magnetic poles which occurs every couple hundred thousand years as well. ALL which can contribute to the warming trend we are currently feeling. The 'human" impact in retrospect is actually quite small in comparison however that does not mean we should ignore it.

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:56 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• We ARE using natural materials at a faster rate than they are made. We ARE producing more waste than what is necessary, We ARE killing the earth, slowly, but we are still doing it. There is NO reason why we shouldn't work on preserving our natural resources and keeping the earth clean regardless on our beliefs of global warming. The earth is our HOME and I don't know about the rest of you but I prefer NOT to live in filth.
    KristiS11384

• Well, after one trip to Alaska I believe in global warming. I went in February and I was saddened by how far back the glaciers were. Is global warming real? Yes. We're also in the midst of a "polar shift" (or whatever the scientific term is). I have been noticing our seasons slowly changing for 10 years now. I don't know how no one else can see it. As we continue to have strange weather patterns, earthquakes, etc. you MAY become a believer too. Or, knowing the history of the Bible, maybe you'll just blame it on God's wrath rather than our own mistreatment of our Earth home.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 8:22 AM on Oct. 20, 2008