Whats your opinion on 3rd hand smoke?

sledgesmom28

Asked by sledgesmom28 at 1:51 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• Now you are just being silly.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:53 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Well, I don't know that I agree with the term, but I can't stand the smell that lingers. When we lived on our own and would visit some one who smoked, I would wash EVERYTHING. Even if it was clean and just in the diaper bag (which I try to leave in the car, but doesn't always work.
    Sarasmoonflower

Answer by Sarasmoonflower at 1:56 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• how is she being silly...third hand smoke is a real thing. it's the remnants/smell of smoke left by a smoker without there actually being smoke. like if you walk into a room and it smells like cigarette smoke yet no one is smoking
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:56 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I think it smells bad, but its nothing to freak out about.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 1:59 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• makes me want to vomit. I hate the smell whether first, second or third. My son came home from his friends house yesterday..he was there for a short amount of time and I nearly puked when I smelled him. I don't want any of it around me.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:59 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• "Third Hand Smoke" is real. Have you ever been in a house that was smoked in for years. The toxins linger on the walls and ceiling. If you have smoked at some point and hold a baby, the remnants on your clothes and hands can still pass to them.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:01 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Cheaper than 1st hand smoke.
    insomnia

Answer by insomnia at 2:03 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Third hand smoke is real and it is proven that it does cause cancer!!! I hate it!! It is a state law that no smoking is allowed in restaurants and in public parks!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:03 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I think that not everyone realizes that it's an issue.
    6girlsrock

Answer by 6girlsrock at 2:04 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• My dh aunt came to our house one time and went into our bathroom. After she came out she left and I went in there to help my son brush his teeth..

I walked in and it smelled JUST like someone had put out a cigarette. I was so mad because I thought she had smoked in our bathroom. I called in my dh and he thought she had too...he even called her to ask why she thought it was ok to smoke in our bathroom.

Come to find out, she had not...it must have just been her "fluffing" out her cloths as she went to the bathroom...sort of airing out her smell in there.

No joke, it was 3 or 4 days later before the smell was completely gone. She hasnt been back since....hahahahaha!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 2:15 PM on Sep. 21, 2010