for those of you that have gone from 3 to 4 kids...

when you went from 3 to 4 what was the most chanaging/ hardest thing that you felt, had to go through, change... was it easyier for you to go from 2 to 3 or 3 to4 ??? i was just wondering what your thoughts were please share with me what you think about the adjustment s were yours close in age or spread out my 3 are almost 7, 5 , 2

jannie1025

Asked by jannie1025 at 1:56 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• it was more of a shock for me going from 2 to 3 than 3 to 4. Only because then the kids outnumbered us. But from 3 to 4 was easy because I was already in a groove. Also #3 was only 17 months when #4 came and I had been trying to get ready to adjust soon after getting pregnant. It helped because my oldest was 9 and 10 when 3 and 4 came and she was a big help. Allow the older ones to help if they can. You'll be fine.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 2:00 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• three to 4 was nothing to me of course the 1st 2 months was a little adjustable
    my kids are 12, 10, 4 and 5 months now....
    now going from one to 2 was really hard for me....
    Cynt1020

Answer by Cynt1020 at 2:17 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Going from 3 to 4 was the easiest for me (if you dont' count the fact that I'd had 3 girls and had a boy and had to adjust to changing diapers a bit differently, lol). Mine were all close in age - when #4 was born the older 3 were 5, almost 4, and almost 2.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 3:01 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Going from 3 to 4 was actually the hardest for me.  I think because my first 3 were so close together.  When I had them I never got out of "baby mode".  There was just always another baby on the way so I just went from one to the next without thinking about the sleepless nights and stuff.  They were 5, 4 and 3 when #4 was born and I had gotten used to sleeping all night, no strollers or diaper bags and kids that didn't need me every second of the day.  I had a really hard time getting back into that groove.  It was a rough first year.  She's 4 now and the other kids are almost 8, almost 9 and 10 and I just had our 5th.  I had no problems adjusting to him because I was prepared based on how I reacted to #4.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:49 PM on Sep. 21, 2010