How much salad is too much?

Im talking about romaine lettuce with a few tomato pieces and cucumber pieces. 1 serving of dressing. How much salad is too much? 2 servings? 3 servings?

serioussifL

Asked by serioussifL at 1:57 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• well as long as you don't counteract the benefits with too many toppings I'd say there is no such thing as too much
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:59 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• With olive oil and balsamic it would be better and you caould have more ervings. Salad dressing packs a lot of calories and salt.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 1:59 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• i don't really get your question..... but i would say as much as makes you full. idk any bad things that could happen since it's only 1 serving of dressing.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 2:00 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• up to 5 servings of vegetables a day.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:54 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• If it's only veggies and a clear, thin dressing, you can eat a whole lot. It's the cheese, croutons, thick creamy drsings that will kill it!
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:11 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Ideally you should maintain a proper potion size when eating. If your only eating salad you should only be taking in as much as your fist. Of course with salad you have to thing of it in terms of size after being compressed. The size of your fist is approximately the size of your stomach. Now most of us eat more than that but technically that's more than you SHOULD have. Too much... I don't know, I would say if your full and you cram more in that's too much. I would guess that anything over 2 servings is probably too much. I would also say that anything that surpasses your maintenance caloric intake is also too much. If you take it easy on the dressing you can probably get away with more salad but if you like a lot of dressing you probably would have to eat less. At least if your going to go overboard with something though vegetables and water are the best choice.
    -Cassandra-

Answer by -Cassandra- at 1:38 AM on Sep. 22, 2010