Are you tired of Political correctness?

Political correctness is so out of control we are hiding sore spots in our cultures. Remember, communication is the key to solving our differences. If we can't say something because it is politicaly incorrect to say it, how can we effectively communicate about it?

I just don't see why the following isn't good enough? Honesty coupled with good manners has yet to go out of style, seeing how it has opened many worthwhile doors in life.

NEWS FLASH.. WHERE DID POLITICAL CORRECTNESS BEGIN?:Karl Marx himself has stated that “The meaning of peace is the absence of opposition to socialism,” a sentiment that corresponds almost exactly to the Cultural Marxism — aka Political Correctness

MAKEMYDAY101

Asked by MAKEMYDAY101 at 2:07 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Political correctness is a tool of the leftists (Marxists progressives calling themselves democrats). It has slithered in to our culture without much opposition because when protested, the protester is demonized and called a racist. The general population is finally awakening to the insidious nature of political correctness run a muck and to the realization that it is a tool used to control certain people (read conservatives) that would threaten the progressives agenda. You can't have freedom of thought, contact or assembly and further the Marxist Maoist agenda.
    annabarred

Answer by annabarred at 10:26 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• see the reason people started becoming offended by certain terms is because they were told to be offended by it...like the term cripple. there is nothing degrading about that term but people are brainwashed because convincing people that a term is offensive for no logical reason is how actions and thoughts are controlled. it's all mind games
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 2:12 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I'm allergic to PC. It causes me to break out in hives, difficulty breathing, and gives me a headache that no pills can cure (mostly because I'm also allergic to Tylenol, Motrin, and aspirin).

Unlike Tylenol, which causes me a life threatening anaphylactic reaction, PC only makes me miserable. I don't think it's unreasonable of me to ask others to refrain from spreading it around when I am present. I keep my peanuts at home and only use Ecigs in public in deference to others ...
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 2:56 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Maybe you could provide an example? I've seen a range of people complaining about PC - some justifiably annoyed and others just pissed off because society doesn't happily accept their bigotry. If you could be a little more specific, I'll know better how to answer the question.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 3:17 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• It is not compassionate to neglect to tell a stupid person that they are stupid.

It is a disservice to tell them that they are simply "misguided".

That doesn't convey the brevity of their situation, and leads to zero takeaway.

Simply not generous in my estimation.

I am nothing if not compassionate...............................and kind :)
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 6:03 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Functionalism is only one theory in Sociology,there are many more that have different views of policial correctness including conflict theory, symbolic interactionsim, feminist theory etc.

I think that we need to be aware that our words and actions can have harm someone and see nothing wrong in making sure I don't hurt someone intentionally.
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 2:14 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Oh pllleeeaaase! Considering what has been said it was totally justified. I will NOT tell someone they are brilliant when clearly they are not...when clearly they have no desire to even attempt to provide an educated answer. I will not sugarcoat it when that very person has no problem berrating me and others on a continuous basis simply because she doesn't like our answers. IMO, if you can't stand the heat you shouldn't be in the kitchen.

Yes, I am tired of political correctness.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 4:38 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Exactly right Dr Donna.
    Bigots want to be able to bash and smear people without hesitation. Politically correct people (ie. kind people) do not hurt with words.
    It is politically incorrect to call someone a "retard",for example. The people who are tired of being PC will call someone a RETARD and feel that they deserve to say whatever they want,even if it hurts others.
    People who are tired of being PC want so much to be able to say they don't like the President because he is black. Instead they blame him for everything that is wrong and insist he is a .....Muslim. As if that is a bad thing. Someone said that Michele Onbama looks like an ape.....hurtful ...and the poster said she is tired of being PC so she called Michele a monkey. See? That is what is wrong with the USA now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:38 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I agree with Dr, Donna. I try to respect everyone. I try to not offend anyone. But if you are a bigot(like my dad) I will say something to you.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 4:59 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Anon ~ People who are tired of being PC want so much to be able to say they don't like the President because he is black.

Actually, I prefer to call the current president a treasonous freak ... I prefer to call Jimmy Carter the same. I honestly believe that BOTH would benefit from a liberal application of duct tape and a swift boot in the buttocks.

People who can't defend a president's policies with anything other than a screech of racism are what is wrong with the US. It doesn't matter if you are defending the party line or color, both show a lack of understanding of the issues and of politics in general.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 5:04 PM on Sep. 21, 2010