Who else is considering the environment and clean energy when voting?

I just haven't seen this talked about on here. I read a letter to the editor to our local paper and someone called Obama an "enviromentalist" like it was a really bad thing.

gavrilmom

Asked by gavrilmom at 7:58 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• i am.
    i think it's important for us to develop an alternate source of energy and to do so in a safe way.
    this is one of the many reasons why i support obama.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 8:09 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Since I don't believe in global warming, this is not a real issue for me. I do want to be dependent on foreign sources of energy, but I feel like the environment is kind of a backburner issue during a time of war. I do however, worry immensely about our safety. That is why I voted for the candidate that I feel will better protect us from foreign threats. I don't want someone in office who thinks talking it out is really going to work. Lets be real, we can't all hold hands and be happy. There are some crazy people out there and we need to keep our best interests at heart.
    Anonymous

• The environment is definitely one of the key issues for me and my family. Don't get me wrong, there are other really important issues out there, but if we ruin our Mother Earth, those other things just won't matter. As a side note - I'm really confused when people say they don't believe in Global Warming. Even if people don't believe they have to feel that we are doing some horrible things to the earth and that something has to be done and it has to be taken seriously to protect our planet for our children and grand children...Right??? JMO
    Elicia35

Answer by Elicia35 at 8:28 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• wow anon. you dont have a clue, gobal warming is not an urban myth. It is real again getting worse quickly. If we dont have an earth the crazies wont really matter will. Educate yourself
    Anonymous

• research global warming anon 7:14, it is definatly real. The scientist have been agreeing about it for least 10yrs now.
    I do believe that talking should have happend before we even went over there. If you here a rumor that someone hurt your child (just an example) would you go shoot them, I would hope not.
    Anonymous

• I am and I'm voting for OBAMA!!
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 10:24 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• yes it's one of the important issues. people usually talk about the most controversial ones. Global warming is very real. like Elicia35 said if we ruin mother earth other stuff won't matter. we are destroying our planet.

Bumper Sticker: Got Clean Air?

Global warming Bumper Sticker: Living Like No Global Warming

ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 10:25 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• waaaiit.not believe in global warming?its not santa,or the tooth fairy.you see the effects everyday.weather for example,or the melting ice glades,its real,we are messing up this earth,why wouldnt you believe it anyway ?its not a scare tactic.remember when people didnt "believe'that there was aids?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:36 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I am. It's just one of many reasons why I'll be voting for Obama.
    msmoody

Answer by msmoody at 12:05 PM on Oct. 20, 2008