For californians ... what do you think of prop 8

I am voting no against prop 8. Love is love . Homosexuals have the right to marry legalyl does not take anything away from my marriage. I am in an interracial marriage and have biracial children. There was once a time when that was taboo and there were laws in place for me and my husband not to be together also. But there was enough determination and openminded people with love in there heart so that now I am able to be with who I love . SO this is an injustice to peoples right not just homosexuals. So what is your stance on 8?

giovannismom01

Asked by giovannismom01 at 7:59 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I am against it.

I understand that the proposition is not directly about whether to allow gays marriage rights, but rather to undo what the Supreme Court did (on the last vote, California's popular vote was a "no" for gay marriage. The Supreme Court passed it anyways, and legalized gay marriage.)

I am all for gay marriage, and while I agree that it was not the Court's place to pass a law when the vote did not call for it, IMO it is the way it is and we should just let it be.

For those of you Voting "Yes" on Prop. 8....please, tell me, how does gay marriage effect YOUR life?
    And spare me the "Its gonna be taught to 2nd graders...blah blah blah". They (the teachers) are not going to have lesson plans focused around gay marriage like you guys make it sound like.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 8:10 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• This issue was voted that a marraige was between a man and a woman. The California court has again over stepped there bounds and over turned what most Californians voted on. Now it is on the ballot as proposition 8 tha marriage is between a man and a woman..

Yes on Prop 8
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 10:42 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I'm voting Yes because the first time around I didn't even get to vote on the issue and that was an injustice in itself!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• The California court has again over stepped there bounds

no, they haven't. it's within their authority to rule this law unconstitutional.

autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 5:29 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• and who got to vote on who YOU got to marry, anonymous?
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 5:30 PM on Oct. 21, 2008