Anyone else have a big kid?

My daughter is 28 months old, and she is big for her age, always has been. She wears 4T clothing, because that is what fits her. She is by no means fat, she is tall, and "proportioned" well. She speaks incredibly well for her age and she is smart. The problem is stupid people tell me all the time that she is "so big," or "Wow, she is twice the size of my two year old," and more than once I have been told I must be wrong about how old she is! Seriously?? You don't think I know when I birthed my own child?

I'm sick of hearing it, yea she is a big girl, but she is healthy, she is happy. It just irks me that people are so stupid sometimes! You're gonna give my kid a complex! LOL Anyone else have this problem, and how do you deal with it???

FatGirl239

Asked by FatGirl239 at 2:12 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My oldest will be five next month and she wears a size 6-7. Nothing fits in the waist because she is thin framed and super tall, lol. Poor little thing wears a size 11 shoe!

When my So's mom called and said she was thinking of buying all the kids shoes she asked what size they wore and when we told her she asked if we were sure... really? NO! I have NO CLUE what size MY child wears! Let me look again! DUH!

I have also been asked WHERE I got my children so Itold the woman the hospital was having a 2 for 1 sale and I figured "why the hell not."
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 2:24 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• My son isn't fat, he is just super tall for his age and everyone thinks hes at least 3
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 2:13 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Been there done that. He is now on the football team kicking butt and lost weight! GL you know just don't show them that it bothers you. Some poeple will tell you things about your daughter to get a rise out of you.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 2:15 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Yes, I heard it all the time about my first son. I got tired of it too but just said, "yeah, his father is very tall" or if DH was with me then I said something like, "everyone in the family is very tall"
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:15 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I had polar opposite. I always had people comment on how small he was. LOL and he was in the 50% for height and weight. So, I always had to inform folks that he is average and all the other kids are just freaks. "no offense", but, after awhile..you do get frustrated at other peoples comments. I do understand. Now I have to hear about how big his feet are. He is 14 and 5'3", but, his feet are a mens 9.5 or 10.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:16 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• My dd has been in the top 95% for her height and the to 80% for her weight since she was born! She;s almost 16 months, and she's been wearing 24 month clothes for a month now...
    Nobody has made comments other than "She's a big girl!" When someone makes a stupid comment, make a smart ass comment back; that'll teach them :-p
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 2:17 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• LOL right on.
    Its just hard to hear it all the time! I hate to be rude, but when people ask me how old she is I am going to have to start ignoring them. Gah!
    FatGirl239

Comment by FatGirl239 (original poster) at 2:22 PM on Sep. 21, 2010