Do you think your "poor"?

Do you think your poor and if so why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:00 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Money & Work

• Yes I think money wise I'm poor because I am scraping by...but in the department of love and family. I'm the wealthest person in the world. :)
    raybell

Answer by raybell at 8:01 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I AGREE WITH RAYBELL
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 8:04 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Yes, poor is a very broad term. I think the poorest people I have ever heard about never really knew they were poor because they always had love...
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 8:36 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• i agree with raybell and pupmom. i think im the one that doesnt relize how poor i am because i am so content and in love with my family and have such good friends.
    sdeignan

Answer by sdeignan at 8:51 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I'm poor... my fiance was laid off and ny is slow with unemployment... we were barely scrapping by before.. so now we can't make it... we are doing angel food. I'm selling my car and looking for a job... as well as selling anything we don't need.
    but we look at it as a good thing. we took it all for granted when we could by almost whatever. so now we have to learn to be resourceful and save our money.
    it just sucks that they laid him off right before the holidays.. fingers are crossed that they hire him back.
    chscris04

Answer by chscris04 at 9:25 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Yes, I am POOR! My husband got laid off Wednesday. I can find anyone to hire me because I've been a SAHM for the past 10 years. We were barely scrapping by before but now I'm afraid we will be evicted. We will be living off the remaining $3000 dollars that I will receive for my student loans.
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 10:22 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I am not considered poor by social standards, but personally do suffer from the bag lady syndrome (just like Oprah does). Oprah says that she wants to cure this. But from chaotic life of being self-made, I feel that this is a survivor's mechanism.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 11:08 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I am scraping by myself on paper my pay looks nice but Im barely making ends meet. My gas is turned off and im on the verge of loosing my apt and my car. But one thing that I am not poor on is my love for my boys and my Faith in the Lord. I know that my situation will turn around and so will all of yours. I am praying for you ladies and myself.
    Anonymous

• No, I am not poor. Financially or family wise. I am very blessed person. I thank the Lord.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 11:35 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I've been broke but I have never been poor...broke is a temporary situation..poor is a state of mind!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:30 PM on Oct. 20, 2008