My husband is such an ass when it comes to being supportive about weight loss adult content

Last night we were watching that new show "Mike and Molly" and I told my husband that I never gained back that 10 lbs. I lost 6 months ago. I was impressed with myself, afterall I had stopped watching what I was eating.

He's asking me, "well why don't you loose more then that" and "why did you go off your diet"
I know why I no longer watch what I eat and he will never understand it!
I over eat and over drink for emotional reasons and to punish myself. and hearing things like this makes me worse. it doesn't help that all he wants to eat is starch and and junk. How am I supposed to make mac-n-cheese then walk away? mashed potatoes and walk away? those are things he has got to have. he says he works hard all day and deserves the foods he likes. And I should just chew on an apple. Alot of my self abuse is anger at me for marrying him......ughhh...sorry turned into a vent

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 2:13 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Men are totally clueless sometimes.
    You (and him) have to understand that weight loss isn't easy. It isn't something that happens over night. It takes a lot of committment and strength! I can't make mac and cheese then walk away. But there are also better ways to deal with it. Make yourself a hefty salad with chicken and veggies, then take a scoop of mac and cheese on the side. Or make yourself fish and some steamed broccoli and have a scoop of mashed potatoes with it. If you completely cut out the foods you love, you will NEVER be able to lose weight consistently. Allow yourself smaller portions instead.

I usually have three days a week where I eat incredibly strict, totally stick to my diet 100%, two days where I veer a bit, maybe have a meal like I described above, and one day where I allow myself a "cheat day" the cheat isn't a total carb/calorie overload, but I will allow myself desert or pizza, etc.
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 2:20 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• my husband called me a cow once so i lost a lot of weight and now he is getting big i cant wait to return the favor lol men are rude
    saadamarie

Answer by saadamarie at 2:21 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Imo I think losing 10lbs is awesome and keeping it off is even more amazing, way to go!!! I cook what my kids and DH likes, I can easily walk away from it if it is really fattening. If I simpily can not resist it the I take 1 or 2 bites and walk away. That way I'm not completely depriving myself. We had spaghetti last night and that is a horrible weakness for me. I had a small portion and I didn't eat any garlic bread with it. I had been good about watching what I ate, so I felt that eating a little spaghetti wouldn't hurt. I know some would beg to differ, but oh well. I'm not going to drive myself nuts. On that note, if I see a cupcake or doughnut that looks irresistable, I remind myself I had just burn 600 calories and that if I eat that doughnut or whatever, then my workout was all for nothing. It has gotten easier to walk away. My husband half listens to me when I talk about how many calories I burned and how my contin...
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 2:51 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• If you are the one who cooks in the house. Cook what you want and tell hil to either eat it or cook your own food from now on.

Answer by louise2 at 2:17 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• i'm sorry. my husband isnt supportive of me losing weigt either. he wants me to make him dinner (something like fried chicken and mashed potatoes) when he knows i'm trying to eat healthy. it's a pain to make something i like then make a second meal for myself and watch him eat what i want.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:20 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Loose some weight, look hot as hell, then leave him. Life is too short girls we have to stop settling.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 2:49 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• sorry but i have to take his side on this one. unless you are a healthy weight then losing 10 lbs isn't much at all and losing it 6 months ago isn't saying much either...it's not about appearance, it's about your health...you need to eat healthy and get in shape for your health so you won't die a horrible weight related death YEARS before you're meant to die
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:21 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• butt, thighs and arms have become more muscular. All that matters is that I know that I am looking amazing. I am doing it for myself, not him. If YOU think you still could lose a few pounds then do it, don't worry about what he thinks. He will be eating his words when you look incredibly sexy and fit. Way to go on keeping the 10lbs off, I find that a good accomplishment!!
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 2:54 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• CARB FEIND! I also have one of those! He loves his steak mashed potatoes, and bread! After I had my daughter it was hard not to want to eat those same things. And I did for the fist 6 months of my daughters life! And I couldn't shed the rest of my baby weight off either and that was frustrating! I feel for your hurt! It doesn't sound like your husband understands what it takes for a women to lose weight, we can't just jump on a treadmill and not watch what we eat like guys can.

I recently started a diet that had very strict food protocol that I had to eat. I dreaded it because how was I going to watch my husband eat all the good food while I had a tiny piece of meat and vegetables only. And how were we going to afford basically 2 very different shopping lists? So I made the decision and only cooked what I could eat. Now he eats as healthy as me! It's great!
    CharleesMom7

Answer by CharleesMom7 at 2:59 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I am having a hard time grasping how anyone can see carbs and grease as "good food" but not veggies.

Simply make what you need to, if he is hungry he will eat or make it himself.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:15 PM on Sep. 21, 2010