I cant seem to do anything with my 4th month almost 5 month old baby anymore all she does is cry and scream. maybe an hour out her day she is awake she is happy. I dont know what to do

kc_mom_64118

Asked by kc_mom_64118 at 2:25 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• is she teething?
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 2:26 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Hyland's Teething Tablets work miracles if she's teething. Worth a shot!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 2:26 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Try the tablets. Try wearing her in a wrap.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:27 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• teething or colic tablets. change her scenery. take her for a short walk and see if that helps. babies also feed off your energy. if you are upset or frustrated she is going to keep crying.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:28 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• did she just start this recently
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:31 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• She might be colic but the doctor told me that usually colic babies cry at the same time daily...
    Um, teething might be a possibility but usually the baby is drooling a lot more as well...
    Teething tablets, teething rings, baby oragel, colic tablets, colic natural liquid to mix in bottles...
    All the stuff is usually really easy to find in a drug store..
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 2:33 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Try taking her to a chiropractor.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 2:53 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• How is she sleeping? Make sure she's getting enough naps during the day (usually about 3 during the day) and going to bed at a decent time at night. Overtired babies can make for very fussy babies, and it's a vicious cycle. Good luck!
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 3:10 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Is she teething? The pediatrician told us that our son couldn't be teething because he was too young even though he had like 8 out of 12 teething symptoms. (He was about 4 months at the time.) He was more fussy all the time and drooled a lot and sucked on his fingers/hands/thumbs. (He still does that and has two teeth.) My husband and I had thought that our son was teething because of all of the symptoms. Well, now, he has two teeth at the bottom that came through. Another way to know is feel around her mouth and see if she calms down when you put pressure on her gums. Sometimes, the baby will even rub his or her ears. You may not see teeth for a month or longer. If that is the case, try Baby Orajel or Hyland's teething tablets. If that is not the case, then she may have colic. In that case, try Hyland's colic tablets. Otherwise, she maybe feeding off your moods. Good luck and congratulations on the baby!
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 3:24 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Remember that like every human adult is different, every is different, too. Thus, not every baby is going to have all of the teething symptoms to mean that he or she is teething. Also, our pediatrician told us that our son just had sensitive gums. If your baby is teethig and you are breastfeeding, try switching her to giving her the breast milk in a bottle after you pump. Here are a couple of websites at which my husband and I looked and confirmed that our son was teething. The lesson in all of this is that the parents are the experts on their own babies while the pediatricians are the experts on all of the babies in general. I hope that you figure it out. I know that it is very frustrating when your baby is screaming and there seems to be nothing that you can do to calm him/her down. Good luck!

http://www.whattoexpect.com/first-year/teething/teething-symptoms.aspx
    http://www.thenewparentsguide.com/baby-teething.htm
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 3:32 PM on Sep. 21, 2010