Any breastfeeding moms NOT use a breast pump?

I just keep seeing ladies wondering about getting a nice pump.

I never used one with my other two babies...am I missing something. lol

I just never wanted to use one or felt like I needed too.

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 2:31 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had too since I was going back to work. Other than that, I would only have pumped when going out for a night so that baby could have milk while the 'tap' was away.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:33 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I never used one but I was a SAHM at that time. I probably would have used one if I had to work so I could leave breast milk for the sitter.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:33 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I nursed for a month and never used one. I don't see me using one with any future babies either.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:33 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I just used it a few times in the beginning when I was really engorged. I pumped a little before I nursed.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:34 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I tried to use them. The never worked... I tried to pump by hand, that didn't work either...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:35 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I pumped for a few days when I was close to leaving my baby home to go to work. She never took a bottle, though, so I had no reason to continue. No complaints from me!

But I do agree with PPs, if you're working full-time and want to leave breastmilk with the baby instead of formula, a nice pump comes in handy. But for SAHMs, I don't see the need, either.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:35 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I never used one with my first. He breastfed for two years. But I am a SAHM. If you work I could see why you would need it. With my second I had to use a pump, Because he had a milk protein allergy, so they wanted my to pump my milk out for two weeks and take all the dairy out of my diet, and give him a hypoallergenic formula in the meantime. So I did that, but we came to find he had a very sensitive tummy. Too sensitive even for hypoallergenic formula. So in the end I pumped for nothing, and he had to be prescribed a amino acid base hypoallergenic formula that he gets monthly from the pharmacy.
    HOWEVER I used an electric pump during those couple weeks (just in case he COULD take my breast milk again) and the pump was amazing! I would pump 8 oz on each side in 10 minutes. Where the manual I would get 2-3 oz in 10-15 minutes.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 2:38 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I pretty much only used it while DS was in NICU. Here and there after he came home, but not regularly. Never really used the pumped milk either. With DD, I also pumped occasionally.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:38 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I don't either. I bought a hand held pump and I did pump a little bit but it was incredibly difficult plus my milk smelled and tasted like rotten soap, plus none of my 3 babiew would ever take an ounce of anything from a bottle anyway. I've pumped a little in the beginning with each baby when my body was producing a lot (not that it was necessary, just that I thought I would take advantage of it) but the milk was always wasted and I have never pumped after the first month. So, I'm glad I didn't waste any more than the $30 I spent!
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 2:59 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• i wish i hadnty, but i did. am sahm and my dsstop latching. so i decided to pump exclusevely. for 11 mts
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:22 PM on Sep. 21, 2010