For Christians Only!!!

What Do You Do When You Don't Hear God's Voice??? When you're talking to him but he's not talking back.

mekarevell

Asked by mekarevell at 2:35 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• God talks back in His Word (Scripture) or by another witness. Remember what Jesus said "No one comes to the Father except through me", so ensure you are praying in Jesus name (and not some "saint").

There are times I go through that where I feel there is silence on God's part. Sometimes it is a test, but whatever it is, don't give up and hang in there.
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 2:53 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Keep listening. Sometimes it's hard to just listen, sometimes it feels like He's far away. Just remember that He loves you and He knows what He is doing. He sees the complete picture. Keep pressing on!
    annabsmommy

Answer by annabsmommy at 2:43 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I am Catholic and I pray regularly, so I think I can answer. I have never heard God talk to me BUT, I can Feel when the Holy Spirit is there listening. Also when I speak to my Patron Saints, I feel them as well.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:39 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I have never audibly heard God's voice. If God doesn't answer my prayers when I think they should be answered, I try to remember that all prayers are answered in His own perfect time even if it isn't my perfect time.
    trish2tew

Answer by trish2tew at 2:48 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• See if you have sins that you haven't repented for or are cherishing. Scripture talks about God not hearing the prayers of those who have cherished sin in their hearts OR God has already told you to do something that you have yet to do.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 3:05 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Just wait sometimes He just wants you to just trust Him and find rest in Him. In time you will get your answer. I believe He talks often, we just don't always see or hear. He is a friend that will never leave you nor forsake you! He does love you so much. Sometimes silence is golden as He works on your heart in silence you will began to see, sense, feel the deeper things He wants to share. Cherish those times with Him, they will carry you through the rough ones! Bless you on your amazing journey with Him!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:16 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I know you said Christians only, but ....

IMO, many people don't hear God because they are listening with the wrong ears. Does that make sense? We try to hear God the same way we hear each other. It doesn't work that way. Try the other suggestions and if you you haven't, try meditating. It helps calm you spiritually, help you focus and may help you to hear God better. 

Of course you could just talk to God like talking to an old friend. Carry on the conversation as if God is talking to you and you may be surprised with the results. 

Be Blessed!

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 3:48 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Have no doubt He hears" HIS CHILDREN".

You just keep praying.

Sometimes the answer, is "wait"
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 1:34 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• God most often times does not talk back. When we talk to God we stand in our faith to know that He is listening. Did you know that biblical characters only heard God once in there close times with God?

Abraham and Sarah were told once that they were going to have a son. God told Abram, not Sarah, sarah overheard the conversation and laughed. Noah heard God's direction and was not told anything for forty years.

I know that these people heard God and this isn't exactly the answer you are looking for but it is relevant because God doesn't always answer with an audible voice. He answers us through our williingness to be led, to go where we know God is leading us, He answers us through opportunities or divine appointments I call them, and through people, it is up to us to have eyes to see, and ears to hear. How we gain these is through our faith, and faith comes from hearing the word of God.
    shannonGilmour

Answer by shannonGilmour at 2:32 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Thxs Ladies.
    mekarevell

Comment by mekarevell (original poster) at 3:28 PM on Sep. 21, 2010