Before MySpace and Facebook...

...did you hope for a way to connect with new and old friends online? How often do you use them? Are you usually surprised by who you find and who finds you?

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 2:38 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I wish I could reconnect w/ my two best childhood friends. I've tried finding her (her first name is very uncommon) or even her parents, but doesn't look like either have joined in on the FB bandwagon. The other... I haven't seen him since I was 6, so I'm sure he wouldn't even remember me, LOL. And his name so freaking common that I'd never have a chance in hell of tracking him down, LOL.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 2:48 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I just joined facebook 2 weeks ago.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:39 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I DID wish I knew how to get in touch with old friends before Myspace. Then I finally added facebooka nd no-one uses Myspace now. So I facebook all the effin time. And people DO surprise the crud out of me when they find me or I find them, lol.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 2:39 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I never really thought about it. I always used email with friends I constantly talk to. I cancelled my myspace page but facebook I am on off and on all day and night. As for who finds me and I find. Yes I am suprised. I think it is funny when you find your BF from grade school you havent talked to in years and even though you can chat anytime now you don't.
    mommy2each

Answer by mommy2each at 2:41 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I didn't really have "old friends" yet, I was still in HS when I joined MySpace. And I really haven't found many "old friends" on facebook either... I use it more for news and education.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:42 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Yeah there were quite a few I hoped to get in touch with again. Just recently found someone who I haven't talked to and wondered about since sophomore year in HS. It was nice.
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 2:43 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I use it to connect with family who live all over the US. My kids get a visual of all the aunts and uncles they have and I like that.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 2:57 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• 2 much drama on myspace so I had to delete mine and face book I like but i deleted that as well. My so and I dnt like when old partners track us down to much issues that we dnt need. So we stay off the social sites. Except me being on cafe mom. I have to have something to occupy my mind!
    mymestey

Answer by mymestey at 3:00 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I have a facebook, I have reconnected with elementry, middle and high school friends. I also keep in touch with my family thru out the US and Mexico. I go on it daily to keep up with everyone.
    mb143

Answer by mb143 at 3:02 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I still have myspace and got a facebook less than a month ago. I am surprised who has found. Some people from h.s. I don't even think I talk to. Facebook can be a competition for friends, so I am careful who add.
    soccerfanatic14

Answer by soccerfanatic14 at 5:04 PM on Sep. 21, 2010