Pregnancy aches..lol. Got any suggestions for night hip pain?

I am to the point where I sleep on my side...I wake in the middle of the night and the hip that I am laying on is throbbing!!!

Any suggestions?

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 2:41 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• A pillow between your legs?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:42 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Pillow between your legs.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 2:43 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I had the same problem - sleeping with a body pillow solved it. Wedge the body pillow underneath your belly and between your knees. It helps SO much.
    arouthier

Answer by arouthier at 2:44 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I sleep with a pillow between my legs and rotate sides when one wakes me up, I feel it helps to give one side a rest. I also find that sometimes I have to kick the pillow out half way through the night, if I can't seem to get comfortable i tend to kick out the pillow and kind of pull my tup leg up to form a "4" shape with my legs and that tends to help.
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 2:46 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Also a bath before bed helps too.
    MamaSarah1104

• I had major hip pain in my third pregnancy and it started up again in my fourth pregnancy. It was so painful at night. I started exercising and the pain went away. The exercises strengthened my core, and that (I assume) strengthened my hips and back. Even now if the pain starts to come back I just have to start working out again (even just five minutes a day helped it). It might be worth a try. I was to the point that I could barely move. It would lock up on me at night and I was in excruciating pain. I sure hope you find something to help you.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 2:48 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Cry. lol I dunno what else actually helps. I sobed for the last month of my pregnancy with both kids. The pillow didnt help much. a hot bath was great but I freakedout thinking I'd cook my kid and got out before I got comfy. If you have a pool, its the BEST thing I found. Go to a hotel for a day and just float lol takes all the weight off your joints and its fun.
    MommaWoods

Answer by MommaWoods at 3:02 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Ugh, i am remembering that pain as we speak. I hated it. I slept with pillows between my knees. Thats the only thing that helped. And mine still hurt after i delivered and my doc said it was normal cause your joints loosen to let baby thru and until they firm back up it will continue.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 6:30 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• that is normal and will happen all the way through the pregnancy. you just find a position that is comfortable at the moment and then you lay there till you wake up from those ligament pains. and flop again. tell your dh or so to get over you flopping like a fish. it will happen till the baby gets here and then beyond with those sleepless nights to come.
    courtneyrogers

Answer by courtneyrogers at 9:45 AM on Sep. 22, 2010