How can i deal with my man

Ok well my man calls every girl honey and i realy dont like that i told him and its not like hes been doing that. He started doing that since this yr and i just dont know what to do.

meliof3

Asked by meliof3 at 2:44 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• have you talk to him? Maybe he thinks is ok and just want to be more friendly. But for me Honey should just be his partner.
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 2:48 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Well I would be mad too.. I don't know your SO's personality so I doubt how I would handle it would work with him.. If my guy did that.. I would seriously flip out on him.. he would get the point..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:48 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I call my BF honey and he calls me Honey. If I caught him referring to another female as honey I'd be kicking some butt! I'd be talking to your husband explain this is unacceptable for you. It's just not going to work and if he has any kind of respect for you he'd STOP!
    lioness3e

Answer by lioness3e at 2:51 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Do not put so much emphasis on a word of endearment, maybe it is his way of being friendly and has no other connotation. Sometimes men are just like kids, if they realize something irritates you thy will do it over and over just to do just that irritate you. Ignore him when he does this, actions are a lot worse than words.

Answer by older at 2:54 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Thank u so much girls. :) its realy been a help i talk to him and he says that he calls them that because they r nicer to him when he calls them that but i think its bull what do u girls thinkn ?
    meliof3

Comment by meliof3 (original poster) at 2:59 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Honestly, the only woman he should want to be nicer to him is you.
    A happy wife makes a happy home.
    Mrs.Halloween

Answer by Mrs.Halloween at 3:17 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• He has a point maybe that is true. but if it bothers you then he needs to resoect your feeling and stop or just do it when you go out to eat.lol. or why don't you start calling another man honey and see what he say's about that. Then maybe he will see that ow I am hurtting her when I do this and he will stop it or you will find that the men treat you better when you call then honey.lol. I think that will get his attention . And tell him that hey your right that calling men that they treat you better to and thank him for bring that to your attention.
    mmmmmmmm ........
    paurad

Answer by paurad at 3:24 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• why would they be nicer to him and in what way? either girls are just nice or there not. why should he care. my father did this to girls he would meet anywhere and i didn't like him doing that to my mother. i think it embarrasses the girls as well and see him as a pig. thats what i got from the girls when my dad called them honey. so maybe this could work to your advantage. maybe you should tell him that you think the girls think he is a pig or a dog. i would be totally turned off by a married man calling me that. yuk
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 3:38 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Yea thank u i think im going to call men honey just to see how he acks lol cant wait to see his face. lol I told him right now a few mins ago I said ask the girl u work with in the office to see what she says if her man was to call a girl honey i told him i bet she well say i well slap the shit out of him lol and was just quite and would not say anything and i was tryng to give me a kiss and said well then what would u want me to call u. I was mad in side but i didnt want to show him that i was realy pissed. lol Cause i didnt want to fight u feel me . :)
    meliof3

Comment by meliof3 (original poster) at 4:09 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I'm all for giving him a dose of his own medicine. Call other men honey in front of him. Or sweetie, or something else. Something that would irritate the hell out of him. See how long it takes him to blow a gasket. Men would LOVE it, girls would 'maybe'. Probably not so much though. But men, most definatly! So, it wouldn't take long for him to blow his little gasket! Could be some real fun for you.

On the flip side, I do see his point. SOME girls would be nicer to him, maybe give him an extra burger or something. An extra discount. Which I would appreciate. But just 'be nicer'? Uh, no. If we aren't getting something monetary out of it, no. It's gotta stop.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 4:52 PM on Sep. 21, 2010