What are good ideas for teaching 1 AND 2yr olds new things at the same time?

My kids are 1 and 2 yrs old and we do flash cards, games, etc. But I have to switch up the questions for each kid to understand, so I feel like I overwhelm my oldest who is listening to all the questions and trying to answer 1st. Should I just have sit down time seperatly or is it okay to keep doing what we are doing?

MommaWoods

Asked by MommaWoods at 2:48 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You never know what the younger one is catching! My boys, now 3 and 4, are doing preschool together. It is actually my younger child who answers faster. My older one is quieter but is taking it all in.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 2:53 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I would say try keeping it together but make it a special question. Make a game out of it. For instance, my grandmother when teaching my cousin and I different things would take the flashcards and let us have a piece of paper and write or circle the right answer for instance with numbers hold up flash card that has the number 1 on it. On the piece of paper that the kids have the number 2 3 etc and ask them to circle which number comes after 1. After a little while of doing that my grandma figured out that my strong suit is numbers while hers is letters. She would work on things with us together and work with her on numbers just the two of them because that wasnt her strong suit and vis versa for me. Hope this helps.
    ashes_leigh

Answer by ashes_leigh at 6:03 PM on Sep. 21, 2010