pickles?

Why is it most preg. women crave pickles? Everyone i have ever met has craved them. I eat a jar a week.

SpiffyMom

Asked by SpiffyMom at 9:16 PM on Jul. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Could be something in the nutrition of pickles or inthe brine they use to make them. I still crave pickles and I havn't been preggo for 19 years.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:18 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• i don't know the answer to thast cause i never craved pickles i kinda just think everyone has a real craving and then they have what they hear in their heads.
    jerseygirltease

Answer by jerseygirltease at 9:19 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• The only thing I craved when I was pregnant was Pizza Hut breadsticks when I was pregnant with my first one.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 9:38 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• No pickles for me...Olives all the way.LOL It is the body asking for certain nutrients in the food that we crave.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 9:50 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I have not craved pickles until I just read your question. Now I have a jar in hand!

I don't know why that is but I know that they taste pretty darn good right now!
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 10:00 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• not sure its cuz they taste good?
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 10:16 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• ***
    For me though its not really the taste its how they feel when i bite into them is what i crave the most.
    SpiffyMom

Answer by SpiffyMom at 10:29 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• the first kid i craved soft pretzels and frozen gushers... and this one i wanted watermelon (thank goodness it's in season)... could just be the sodium, taste, etc that's in it... i usually love pickles anytime weather i'm prego or not.
    Ambreelulu

Answer by Ambreelulu at 10:37 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Eeekk pickles sound so gross to me right now. lol.. i crave Chipotle.. i just ate it :) their burritos are amazing!
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 10:54 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I never never never have craved pickles in my life...they gross me out!
    aubB06

Answer by aubB06 at 10:59 PM on Jul. 1, 2008