I need opinions from moms!

Ok...I am in the process of getting a divorce and will soon be moving with my kids. I am 36 yo and do in-home daycare/preschool and have for 12 years (before that I was a nanny and worked in several daycares). I am very good at what I do, have excellent references, don't smoke and keep a very clean house.

The only thing is that to get my kids in the school district that I want, I may have to rent an apartment for 6 months tops. Would you let this keep you from bringing your child to me? I would have tons of inside activities and there is a nice playground on the grounds. And it's in a very quiet, very safe small city/neighborhood. Again...this would be very temporary!

Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• As long as I trusted you and you had good references and the community was safe, I would have no problem with you being in an apartment.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:56 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• If your a good provider and provide all I want then NOPE...Just because your in an appartment doesnt mean you cant take care of my kids.
    tiger_tatted1

Answer by tiger_tatted1 at 2:56 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• If I knew you well, for example if you've been watching my kids for 6 mos.+ and we get along well, my kids like you and I am aware of the situation you are in, then I would have no problem with it.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 2:57 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• i'd be a little worried about space, but if i didnt have any problems with you watching my kids before then my answer would be i wouldn't have a problem
    RaeTy

Answer by RaeTy at 2:57 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Why do you have to move? why doesn't your hubby go instead, you have small children there is no reason in the world why you should have to be the one to relocate. In any event a good day care provider is very hard to come by I am sure that those you have now will stick with you, good luck!

Answer by older at 2:58 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• So long as everything is clean, sanitized and it's a learning environment, I think it's fine. If your rates were good, I'd probably send my daughter right over.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:58 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• To me it wouldn't matter if you rented our owned your home.The importance is that there is enough indoor and outdoor acitivities to keep them occupied. Proper meals fed to them, and proper care given to them.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:21 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Not sure why I posted that anonymously...anyway.... we had planned on moving next Spring (to my home state) but my husband just "came out" to me a few months ago and has decided he doesn't want to move, but rather stay here (one state away) with his new partner instead. I have no family here, very few friends and the kids and I are miserable, which is why we had planned on moving next Spring in the first place. If you want to anymore, please just ask.
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 3:23 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• It wouldn't stop me at all. Good luck with everything!
    MamaDee2003

Answer by MamaDee2003 at 4:06 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• This wouldn't stop me.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 4:44 PM on Sep. 21, 2010