PREGNACY after TL...?

i have 3 kids and i love them dearly. after havin my last daughter i got my tubes tied (Tubal ligation). mainly cuz my mother thought it was the best for me. she does does not belive in big familys i guess. mind you i am one of 4 children that she had. lol anyways now my baby is 2yrs old and so big and i so want to have another one =( i did not look into it as i should have i did not educate myself about this and i am beating myself over this time and time again.
Can this be reversible???

iNk-FrEaK

Asked by iNk-FrEaK at 3:04 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Actually, Reversal is pretty common. It is expensive and most insurance do not cover it. My doctor that will be doing mine charges $5900 if you pay all up front before sceduling the surgery. He does offer a payment plan which allows you to pay so much a month towards your surgery and once it is paid you can scedule the surgery. Add me as a friend and I can get you more infomration on this.

Actually, to the other people, it depends on the surgery she had done and most doctors will view your records from the tubal that you had done to see which way your tubes were tied. Mine were tied and clipped and my doctor said that is the best to reverse and has one of the best success rates. My doctor will review the notes before you even deside to start saving if you want, and he will let you know if you have good success rate or not. It all depends on the original surgery.
    motherof4and2

Answer by motherof4and2 at 3:31 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• reversal is an option but not guaranteed and very expensive. Invitro is also an option but again very expensive. There is also always adoption. I had mine tied after 2 kids. I know I don't need to have anymore for financial reasons and I dread the day I start getting baby fever. My 'baby' will be 3 in Dec. I know it's gonna start soon!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:07 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• using a donnor egg is also an option and would save you the cost of egg harvesting but then again the price of the egg may equal it out. That is something you would have to look into.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:08 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• why dont you asked your doctor he will help you the most....
    Good luck...
    Giuliana2010

Answer by Giuliana2010 at 3:07 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• It is VERY hard and expensive to reverse... and most insurance companies won't cover. The easiest way to get pregnant after getting your tubes tied would be to get artificially inseminated I believe, but insurance doesn't cover that either.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 3:07 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• It can be reversed but that's no guarantee. I went through the same thing - I had my 5th (our 4th together) and had mine tied. All my kids are roughly 2 years or less apart - every time a baby turned 2 I had a new one or was ready to pop with one. When my last baby turned 2 I went through a period of depression because I didn't have another baby and wasn't going to have another baby. I got over it. I got my baby potty trained, got out of all the baby stage stuff, and sure, I still have baby fever, but I know I couldn't do it again. If you're serious you could always look into becoming a foster home and then going into a foster-to-adopt program.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 3:16 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Oh, and being artifically insemenated or even having the eggs implanted, cost waaaaaaayyyyy more then a tubal reversal. Most doctors even recommend going through a tubal reversal first before spitting out $20,000 for invetro
    motherof4and2

Answer by motherof4and2 at 3:34 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• It's possible but the operation usually isn't successful.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:39 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Not true that it isn't successful most the time! It depends on what you had done and I can show several mothers on here that have had this surgery and are now on their second or third pregnancy after the operation.
    motherof4and2

Answer by motherof4and2 at 3:56 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• oh wow...this is depressing me so much i have no idea why. i want a baby so much but i want my own baby don't want to sound nasty or anything i just want one that comes from me and my husband...

iNk-FrEaK

Comment by iNk-FrEaK (original poster) at 3:43 PM on Sep. 21, 2010