Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

how long after ttc should I be worried?

My husband and I have been married for 4 years together 5 1/2. I have never been able to take any kind of birth control. We have had many accidents. We have been ttc for 3 months now, which is hard because he works 6 hours away 2 weeks on 1 week off. I have yet to get pregnant.. I'm starting to get really worried. Any advice? Thank you.


Asked by ameliaduncan at 3:06 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

Level 3 (23 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • So, for 2 weeks out of the month DH is gone? That could be the problem, you may not be hitting the right times. Usually, they say after a year you should see your Doctor. It took me 11 months the first time and 18 months the second time. I have been TTC again for 8 months now. It's very frustrating, I'm sorry. Give it a few more months and get a fertility monitor.

    Answer by momofone221 at 3:36 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

  • Maybe you are just trying at the wrong time of the month since he is always gone.. Have you tried tracking your cycle and such? The Trying to Conceive group here on Cafemom is a great group for women to join that are TTC.

    Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 3:08 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

  • it took me 1 yr and know in 6 months pregnant

    Answer by Giuliana2010 at 3:08 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

  • It take the average women 6 months before becoming pregnant. Dr's don't worry till have you have tried for over a year. It also sounds like you have limited time to try. So it is going to take lager. Get the book "Taking Charge of your Fertility" It really helps. Good luck

    Answer by Raeann11 at 3:09 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

  • Thank you all... The thing is we have never "tryed not to" get pregnant so thats 5 1/2 years. I'm worried now because we feel ready and stable enough and it's just not happening.

    Comment by ameliaduncan (original poster) at 3:15 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

  • I would talk to my doctor and see what they say because they will hopefully understand you medical situation and be able to give you a better idea. Good luck!

    Answer by jshimmy at 3:30 PM on Sep. 21, 2010