At night, your child pees to bed, unless she sleeps with you.. If she sleeps anywhere else, she pees. Would you let her sleep with you?

Just a question..not real life for me.

SuperrMommyy

Asked by SuperrMommyy at 3:08 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• No. Instead, you wake your child up before you go to bed to use the bathroom. Restrict their liquid intake etc.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:06 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Honestly, no. I don't want my children sleeping in my bed. Once you start that habit, it seems like it is VERY hard to break. I would just try to figure out why the child was wetting their bed, and try to help them fix the issue.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 3:09 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• No. I never let my kids sleep with me. That is a bad habit to start. I would just put a diaper/pull up on her and make her sleep alone.

Answer by louise2 at 3:12 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• yes. My kids often sleep with me anyway.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:11 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Nope - I'd put a diaper or pull-up or good night pants on them (would depend on age).
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 3:12 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Mine would already be with me, so, no issues. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:42 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Until recently our son's both slept with a parent. But since we have put them in their own rooms this has come up and yes, we always let them come to bed with us... Why would anyone choose to let their child sleep in pee? Isn't that abuse?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:01 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• First to address Sabrina's question, that's not what you're purposing is it? I mean you get up and change the sheets right?
    I think I would find out why it's happening. I wouldnt automatically just start letting them sleep in my bed. Does she wake up to go to the bathroom when she's sleeping in your bed? Could she be afraid to go or get out of bed by herself? Does she have a nighlight? Could one be put in the bathroom?
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 7:39 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• No. My child would wear a pull up at night as long as was needed until the night time accidents stopped.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 4:54 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• No. I learned my lesson. My son is sleeping with us and he is 18 months old. This next baby is staying on her crib.
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 3:44 PM on Sep. 21, 2010