What do other SAHM's do for their self worth?

I am a SAHM to my almost 5 year old daughter and I love being with her doing things with her but I find my self getting down in the dumps because I don't feel like I am good at anything. My hubby says "well you are a good mom" but I mean other than that. I need a hobby but don't know what. I do go to the gym a couple times a week and other than that I do nothing but take of DD, clean, cook and look on the computer.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:18 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• What do you want to do? Anything you want to learn? Art, Music? Dance? Photagraphy? Pursue something! You really can do it if you want to!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:21 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Find something you feel you want to do. I love doing crafts. I have a craft room and spend as much time in there as I can. When I get the chance.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 3:24 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I work with the birth community. I teach childbirth education, participate in doula meetings, volunteer at baby fairs... I love birth and want to help moms have better experiences. What's YOUR passion?

Or, instead of a cause, you can take up painting or knitting or making stuff to sell on Etsy.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 3:27 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I am an awesome mother, a great wife, and I try really hard to be a good homemaker! I cook fabulous meals and I take great pride in my housework. I also love that I get to spend lots of time on my makeup and hair and put together cute outfits when I want. Find out what makes YOU happy and chase after that!

I also try to make sure that at least some of my computer time is actually useful, searching for new recipes, shopping for good deals, etc.
    sonshinemomma

Answer by sonshinemomma at 3:29 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• i feel the same way i feel like when i go to work im gonna suck at it but i think its cause we stay home with kids all day and thats your only skill but i feel you!
    saadamarie

Answer by saadamarie at 3:39 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• There are alot of diffrent things you can do! Do you have any womens shelters are somewhere you could volunteer at near you. Its not a big commitment of time you just do what fits with your schedule. Is your dh home in the evenings, you could take a class if youre interested in that.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 3:41 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Definitely do something for yourself: volunteer, take a class, audition for community theatre, join a choir--wherever your interests lie.
    MamaDee2003

Answer by MamaDee2003 at 4:07 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I tried to do some crafts but I'm not very crafty. Then I realized I really want to just work but furthering my education would help me the most in that area so I decided to take some classes at the community college here.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 4:33 PM on Sep. 21, 2010