crockpot cooking

im cooking a stew in the CP. It has 5 more house to cook. I wanted to have biscuits with it. Do you think I could make the biscuit batter and put it in with the stew (on top) would they cook or turn into a gloopy mess

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Food & Drink

• The would cook but you have to give them a considerable amount of time to get them done. I think I do it for an hour.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 3:32 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• And why would you ask this question anon?
    Melbornj

• I'd do the biscuits separately. You can buy the kind that cook in less than 10 minutes that come in a pouch at the store. Betty crocker ones I think... Yummy!
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 3:32 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I would bake them separate
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:41 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• i asked anon cuz there is lots of drama with cooking questions....lol idk i didnt mean to no idea why i marked the box. thanks ladies
    LuvingMy3Girls

Answer by LuvingMy3Girls at 3:56 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I wouldn't risk it.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 4:10 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I think I'd just cook them seperately. My luck if I tried doing it in the crock pot on top of the stew, it wouldn't turn out right and would ruin the entire thing......then I'd just be ticked lol.
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 4:13 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• ok so seperate it is...ya cant risk a gloopy gloppy mess this is dinner tonight and tomorrow!
    LuvingMy3Girls

Answer by LuvingMy3Girls at 4:35 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I make stew with dumplings in the slow cooker; they come out very yummy. Send me a message if you would like the recipe

Answer by rkoloms at 10:06 PM on Sep. 24, 2010