What was the worst job or jobs you ever had?

For me it would probably have to be picking turkey eggs, and working in a construction supply business which I had no knowledge of anything involving my work.

LeJane

Asked by LeJane at 3:31 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Working for a pediatric gastroenterologist. I was basically the person who had to clean up the puke and poo from a kid that let go in an exam room and then I was verbally abused by her LPN. I lasted less than 2 mos. I don't handle beratement very well as well as not being told that I was the janitorial staff when I was hired for front desk.
    coala

Answer by coala at 3:51 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Working for an accountant in town here that couldn't keep his hands to himself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:31 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Snack bar attendant at a skate park. It was summer and I was a junior in high school. I basically babysat kids who's parents just left them at the skate park at 8am and would come pick them up at 4pm. Some kids were okay, others would terrorize my snack bar by stealing things and knocking over cups and condiments. It was terrible.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 3:34 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I applied for a job as a groomer's assistant; they hired me to be a receptionist instead. I received no training, the owner of the business was insane. On my second day, I had to train the other person they had just hired, when I hadn't been trained myself! The owner was always hovering, and would yell at us in front of customers if we did something wrong. I got laid off a few weeks ago because the business was slowing down...happiest day I've had in a long while!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 3:35 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Working at the airport lifting bags and I was pregnant.
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 3:36 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Working in a pig barn... farrowing.. pretty nasty in there . You begin to smell like it as well.
    Airforce3mom

Answer by Airforce3mom at 3:37 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I was a csr for directv. It was a great job pay-wise, but sitting in front of a computer for 8 hours really hurt the eyes after a while, and I noticed the people who worked there for a long time were all fat because you just sit all day lol. The supervisors were really bad at their job too. I missed face-to-face communication and doing physical work so I quit after 7 months. The job reminded me I was meant to be a people person, not a phone person. No more cubicle jobs for me!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:39 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• working as a waitress in a family diner-- the manager was a b*tch and kept changing the schedule w/o notice. She also fired me the night my Grandpa died....
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:39 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Market research. I got to be one of those people who stop you in the mall and ask for your opinion. Yes, because $8/hr to be verbally abused, then convince someone to let me watch them brush their teeth and bag their used toothbrush afterwards is SOOO glamourous!
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 3:44 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Working retail in a hobby store, because of the way the manager treated me. A close second would be working as a waitress at the Waffle House. I'm hearing impaired so I had a hard time with the orders. Then I worked with some bitches who thought it was their job to hang out in the back and smoke all the time.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 3:51 PM on Sep. 21, 2010