Fort Bliss Shooting

Does anyone else find it kind of upsetting and confusing that the news will cover every little thing, but manage to avoid talking about this? It hardly even exists on the Internet news, wasn't in the newspaper this morning, etc. Oh, but you can read about dogs that donate blood (was in our newspaper this morning), or other stupid things like that. Reporters can really over look what is important or not.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• It was not a MASSIVE shooting, unlike the Fort Hood shooting. Maybe that is why. It was reported within the military community and in the state of Texas.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 3:37 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• wow scary we were stationed there 2 years ago.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:39 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I work at a hotel in LawtonFort Sill. I heard it from the soldiers that are staying at our Hotel. Have been watching the news most of the day and have not seen it yet on there.

Answer by louise2 at 3:48 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• You can Google it.

Answer by louise2 at 3:51 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I'm not upset or confused that the national news didn't cover the shooting any more than they did. It was 2 people that were shot not many people. Do we hear of all the shootings of one or two people that happen every day across this nation on the national news - no we do not because if we did and if they dwelt on that - there would be no time for any other news.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:52 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Since the military is not releasing much information at the moment, there really isn't much to report beyond the bare facts already released.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 3:57 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I'd let the military do their job... They will release info when they are ready.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:44 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• grlygrlz: I guess it depends on which base, and that's messed up. Ft Hood was announced within minutes all over the news.

wenona_mandy

Answer by wenona_mandy at 6:57 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• My husband was nearly station there, I am so glad he didn't end up going. Ft. Hood was a terrorist attack.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:49 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• My son just came home from Fort Sill on September 2, 2010 and that is scaring to know.
    SuzetteAnn

Answer by SuzetteAnn at 10:09 PM on Sep. 21, 2010