Do any of you moms have a really close friend with a child around the same age as yours but their child is sooo annoying!!?

How do you deal with it? Kids will be kids I know but this kid gets on my last nerve! Our kids are both about to turn 4 years old, her daughter's birthday being one day before my daughter's. Her daughter still has temper tantrums, she has this "better than you" attitude toward my daughter, she gets everythingggg she wants (for example, my friend ONLY makes her chocolate milk because she refuses to drink regular milk and she has a crying fit about it when i put plain milk in front of her, sorry but if she's at my house that's what she's gettin or water!), she has hit my kid before because my kid hit her but my baby does not hit im sure those few times were accidents or she was playing. and my friend does nothing because she taught her to hit back when hit. i wouldnt let my kid play with her but for some reason she loves playing with her!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:43 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Of course other kids get on my nerves.. Just like I am sure your child and my children gets on someone else's nerves LOL.. That's not a bad thing because we are all different and some things we do or don't do, get to us :) As moms we tend to see our kids as perfect and others as monsters, but that is not always the case.. Kids hit, even when we think they are not capable of it. A hit even an accident or play it is still a hit and some children will hit back.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 3:58 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Yep. I have a friend that I love more than anything but her child is a terror. I do not really do anything special about it I just take each visit in stride and make sure that my kids behave better.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 3:49 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• suuurrree...your kid doesn't hit. kids will surprise you. you think they never do something and you turn around to find out they do. or it's a first, and it was actually for a reason. all kids hit at one point in time. and as much as i don't like it, some moms actually give their kids choc or strawberry milk because their kids really do refuse to take regular white milk. when my dd was a baby, i actually had some moms tell me to put chocolate syrup in her formula. haha yeah right was i going to do that! something you just have to deal with. it's not your kid. if you really have a problem with it, find another friend for your dd. you don't really have the right to complain if you keep bringing her over there.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 3:54 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• yes,..
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 3:50 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Sorry, decided to post anon instead, you never know who's reading your posts and I don't want to offend anyone should a random family member see this by chance!

I know this is going to make me sound really bad, but I really can't stand most little girls from about 5 years old to about 10 years old; they just get on my nerves! My husband's cousin has a 5 year old little girl who is the most annoying little girl ever! And it's nothing that she does, she's just needy and clingy and incredibly girlie! I know, I'm a horrible person, lol...but at least I love my own daughter!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:53 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• yes i do.
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 3:59 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Yeah I have a friend like that, I love her to death but her kid could drive me to try and hurt myself. But I do find that most children get on my nerves...including my own sometimes. But dont let her kid do things you dont like to your daughter just cause your friends. dont ever be friends with someone at the expense of your children.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 4:28 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• It sounds like you're just as bad as she is. Your kid doesn't hit? All kids hit. You need a reality check as well. I don't understand why you call this person your friend but they annoy you so much? If one of my friends felt that way about me I'd want them to tell me and we wouldn't be friends anymore.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 4:30 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I have a very dear friend but her daughter is the biggest brat. I grin and bear it as long as I can and then excuse myself.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 7:34 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Yes!! It actually makes me see my friend less then I want too.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 10:42 PM on Sep. 21, 2010