Anyone else dealing with sick kids (cold-like symptoms) and wondering if it will turn into Whooping Cough? I'm so worried! I have a 4 year old, a two year old and a four month old.

Hazelnutkin

Asked by Hazelnutkin at 4:08 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Health

• Haven't you heard of vaccinations?? paranoid much?
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 4:23 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Aren't they all vaccinated? Believe me, I'm not one to push vaccinations but most children these ages have had the Pertussis vaccination already and should be protected. If not, I would get it with whooping cough on the rise now, to me that made it seem like a good vaccination to have as there is a threat from the illness.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:25 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• They are vaccinated (even though one is autistic). The baby has only had one round out of three, which from what I have read doesn't help much. I have been vaccinated recently, too.
    I'm a little paranoid, never denied that, but thanks.
    Hazelnutkin

Comment by Hazelnutkin (original poster) at 5:09 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• my dd's not sick.. but yes I worry about that a little, even though my dd is vaccinated, I'm due in december with mysecond so... yeah. lol.

Croup is far more common though and is the mostly likely culprit. But talk to your doctor about any and all concerns, it never hurts to ask.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:02 PM on Sep. 21, 2010