Is it not disrespectful to make an obituary for your mother and leave off 4 of her children in it?

My mother passed recently and my sister in law took it upon herself to make my mothers obituary without informing us. I happen to stumble upon the link on my sister in laws facebook, i was floored to see she had left 4 of my siblings off the list of my mothers children but had included herself and an estranged sister my mother had given up for adoption when she was 15. Is this not wrong and disrespectful to my mother and family?

stormy01

Asked by stormy01 at 4:12 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• It sounds incredibly rude she must have had a hateful motive behind it.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 4:13 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I think it is very disrepectful. Why did the SL handle it anyway? I'd say redue the obituary!!! Get the other siblings involved!!!Then send her a copy!!!
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 4:14 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Not only disrespectful, but strange too.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 4:14 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• its rude.

is this the same obit that will be sent to the newspaper and in the program at the funeral?

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 4:14 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• It is the obituary in the paper
    stormy01

Comment by stormy01 (original poster) at 4:15 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• More than disrespectful...this person seems to have some deeply rooted issues
    MrsJStearns

Answer by MrsJStearns at 4:16 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Why did she do that?
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 4:17 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• It is very rude and she should have had one of you - her children - proof it before it was sent to the paper. We proofed my parents Obit (died same day so obit was together) before my mom's baby brother sent it off.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:17 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• That was incredibly insensitive and rude. Why was the SIL is in charge of the obit? Can you make another for the local paper, or is that where it was? I'm so sorry.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 4:18 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• i would say get your other siblings together and make a new obit.... then send that in as a correction. no reason to let her get away with that. if she isn't your mother's child, then she shouldn't even be listed as one.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 4:19 PM on Sep. 21, 2010