Crock Pot Recipes??

Anyone want to share their favorite crock pot recipe with me? I'm only 23 and not too good of a cook but I love to cook for my family I'm just running out of ideas. Thanks Ladies :)

AWebber212

Asked by AWebber212 at 4:14 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Saurkraut with pork chops.
    Chilli
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 4:18 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I just do beef roast, carrots, celery & potatoes. Add beef broth and onion soup mix in there. It turns out well. Cook about 7-8 hours.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 4:20 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• beef roast, potatoes, carrots with some beef bouillon.
    mb143

Answer by mb143 at 4:32 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• i tried this recipe today. SO thought of putting it in the crockpot, and it actually came out really good. You need 4 pork chops, a can of cream of mushroom soup, and minced garlic if you like it. i dont, so we just used garlic powder.

You pan fry the pork chops first for about ten minutes ( 5 minutes a side) season them however you want.
    then add the cream of mushroom soup into the crockpot with the porkchops once there finished. The porkchops should make a gravy. Ours was spicy so we only added about two tablespoons into the crockpot.
    We let them simmer in there for about two hours. and voilaaaa

we had it over rice. The pork chops dont fall apart but they get really tender and i just cut mine up and mixed it with the rice and gravy.

You can add a little water into the crockpot if the soup is getting too thick, but dont overdo it because it'll be too watery.

Hope I helped!
    ammbbbeeeerrrrr

Answer by ammbbbeeeerrrrr at 5:21 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Spicy Roast Chicken

* 1 large whole chicken
    * 4 tsp. salt
    * 2 tsp. paprika
    * 1 tsp. cayenne pepper (you can cut this down if you don't care for the "heat")
    * 1 tsp. onion powder
    * 1 tsp. thyme
    * 1 tsp. black pepper
    * 1/2 tsp. garlic powder

Combine all the spices and rub under the skin of the chicken. Rub a bit on the inside too, and any leftover on the skin. Place it in the crock pot, cover and cook on low for 8 hours. This is tasty and moist!
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 6:51 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Crock Pot Potatoes & Ham

* 6 to 9 medium potatoes, sliced
    * 1/2 to 1 lb. ham, cut into slices or chunks
    * 1 medium onion, sliced
    * 1 can cream of onion soup
    * 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese

Layer potatoes, ham, onion, and cheese in crockpot. Repeat. Top with cream of mushroom soup. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours until potatoes are tender.
    NOTE: Watch your crock pot carefully! Mine will cook this recipe in less than 6 hours on low.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 6:52 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Join the Crock Pot Moms group here on CM for more great recipes!

michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 6:54 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Stew, Beef burgandy, Spitzad, (veal) Chili, Meatballs for spaghetti. Saurkraut with sausage, or chops, or hot dogs.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 8:15 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I hate these little boxes. Send me a message and I will be happy to forward some recipes to you

Answer by rkoloms at 10:06 PM on Sep. 24, 2010