OPK/ovulation question

I'm really stumped because Im supposidly ovulating now (according to ovulation calendar online) but my OPK tests are coming back neg. Few questions: 1) (I use Answer ovulation strips)...when you dip it in urine, you just leave it in the urine until u start to notice it moving up on the strip, right? 2) Have any of you gotten pregnant while using OPKs even when they came back neg?? Im sooo confused!!!!!!!

sammywantsababy

Asked by sammywantsababy at 4:16 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I had to use OPK's to get pregnant. You need ot read the instructions, I've never held the test in the uring till it started to "move". Usually that will give you false results because ti's too much urine. Read the instructtions, it will tell you how long to hold it in there for. Most of them are 3-5 seconds then take it out. Also, make sure you don't dip it deeper tehn the line that is on there (most of the ones I used had a line to mark how far you could dip it in).
    LorisChar

Answer by LorisChar at 4:38 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I threw out the instructions stupidly. Does anyone use the ANswer brand that has a ton of test strips in it (not just the 7 day kind.) Do you know if I'm possibly doing it wrong? It seems so easy but maybe I'm really an idiot lol....Do I need to keep the test strip in the urine until I see something moving on the strip or not?? helppppp :)
    sammywantsababy

Comment by sammywantsababy (original poster) at 4:50 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I used all kinds of ovulation tests while we were trying to conceive. According to the ovulation tests, I never ovulated yet somehow I ended up being pregnant two maybe three times and have one six months old. Go figure. The ovulation tests worked for my friend who has two kids but have never worked for me. They work for some people and not others, and I am not really sure why. At some point, we stopped buying those and just let the nature take its course and that is how we ended up with a six months old. They may also be more effective for people who have regular periods. FYI: My periods are usually a few days off.
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 4:53 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Svetlana....my periods are also a few days off....after going off the pill it's weird because the 2nd month off the pill I got myperiod exactly to the day--never happened before. But out of curiosity-how long did it take u to conceive??
    sammywantsababy

Comment by sammywantsababy (original poster) at 5:13 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I have the answer strips too and you put them in the urine for 10 seconds. I have been having regular cycles but this time my O date moved back 5 days! I hope it goes back to normal and this cycle was just a fluke. Anyway I usually use the ClearBlue Digital OPKs and think they work amazing. But since my O was late I got tired of wasting my money on them. The first time we used opks I got pregnant on my 2nd month trying which was my 2nd month off bc pills. But sadly that ended in miscarriage and here we are on our 3rd month of trying again. Good luck!
    smileyashmommy

Answer by smileyashmommy at 7:19 PM on Sep. 21, 2010