how accurate will it be??? adult content

Ok...here's my deal...I was on Depo for 4.5 yrs, no period for 5yrs, last shot was Jan 2009, period started back Jan 2010, and hasn't been regular since. I basically have one every 2-ish weeks, so i don't know when I ovulate or when my actual period is supposed to be. I know that it's possible to bleed while pregnant (my SIL went into labor not knowing she was preg, and thought she was having reg periods). This month...I had a "period" from 8/24-8/31, 9/8-9/16, and started again yesterday...I've been very nauseous, which I know can be a symptom of PMS, as well (a lot can be the same). Ok, finally my question...will the fact that I am seeming to be on my period, how accurate would a preg test be? If my cycles were normal, I wouldn't even be asking this question...so please no sarcastic replies, no "pee on the keyboard and I'll tell you in 3 min," My cycle is screwed, so I'm just needing an answer...

dlandrum

Asked by dlandrum at 4:27 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I will be going to see a doctor in about a month, I have no insurance yet, and open enrollment is next month...
    dlandrum

Comment by dlandrum (original poster) at 4:28 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• The pregnancy test won't be affected by the blood, it registers HCG levels in your urine. Take the test, if you get a negative test again in a week just to be sure.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 4:29 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Thank you!
    dlandrum

Comment by dlandrum (original poster) at 4:30 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• If you are pregnant, the test won't be affected by the blood and will still be able to read your hormone levels. But if you aren't sure, just keep testing every other week or so and make sure test with your 1st pee of the morning.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:32 PM on Sep. 21, 2010