What about getting rid of The Board of Education to let the Military educate your children?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• The military instills discipline in people and respect. I think a lot more young people can use both of those things!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 4:09 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Uh, NO!
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 4:38 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• No thank you. I prefer no military in my life. They can't even accept gays.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 5:00 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Wow, so negative. I actually pondered this becuase the Military Academies are such high quality colleges and the military training schools (which are not all infantry and guns, thank you) are intensive and thourough in a much shorter time. For instance; My job in the Coast Guard (which IS military, especially in training) is equivalent to a state job who's employees must have a four year degree or so many years of experience. My quals? Eight weeks intensive school and then six months of field experience. Viola, I am doing the work of a college-educated civilian. But, that's all college level I'm talking. Youth? Probably could use a little boot camp but I wouldn't completely replace the system, lol.
    stringtheory

Answer by stringtheory at 9:47 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• pass the popcorn please
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 2:37 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I'd move to another country before I let my son be educated by the military.
    my_monkey_baby

Answer by my_monkey_baby at 6:29 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• WOW why is every one hating on the military.
    MarineWife629

Answer by MarineWife629 at 1:48 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I am a supporter of the military, but I wouldn't want them educating my children either. That is NOT their Constitutional role. I believe in dissolving the Dept of Education and handing the education system over to the private sector, allowing parents more choices in education opportunities. The Dept of Ed has failed us miserably.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 3:10 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• When they repeal Don't Ask Don't Tell and treat everyone with equal rights, then maybe.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• To me the military is the last resort. It shouldnt be the first resort like so many schools like to do.
    ashes_leigh

Answer by ashes_leigh at 8:08 PM on Sep. 21, 2010