If you or your husband is in the military, what would he do if don't ask don't tell is repealed?

I am just wondering since my husband is in the military. He says he could not deal with it. He says he has nothing against gay people but on a deployment - he would not be comfortable sleeping next to a gay guy.

Tell me what you or your husband would do if you are military (spouse or active duty)

Please no rude comments - Just for fun

Thanks everyone!

ajc88

Asked by ajc88 at 4:31 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Well, same rule applies to gay and straight alike. Just because he's gay doesn't mean he'll be attracted to your DH. That is a major misconception among the general population- that gays'll pump anything that moves, simply isn't true.

Put it to him like this- "You're not attracted to every woman you see, why would he necessarily be attracted to you or anyone else?"
    In all honesty, every gay/lesbian I have ever known has been a hell of a lot more loyal to their mate than most straight people I know.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:40 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• my did not give a dam as long as he did his job!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 4:32 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Seriously why does it matter? He's already sitting by a potentially gay guy. The only difference is knowledge. If he's worried about some guy checking him out in the shower or something I'm sure he's already had that happen in public restrooms.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 4:34 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• He wouldn't care, because he says he can tell who is gay anyway.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• My DH has the same feelings as yours. He is fine with gays serving.. But he doesn't want to be housed with a gay man. That is his personal decision.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:43 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• My DH and I talked about this...he said he would be uncomfortable being housed with someone he knew was gay - simply in the same way he would be uncomfortable being housed with a woman. But it would not stop him from serving, of course.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 4:44 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• My husband is in the RAF, so british army. We have gay people serving already, and he doesn't care.
    Why would he?
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 4:32 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Okay well, just like I said this is just for fun.

He said that some of the guys wouldn't be doing their jobs too worried about if the one next to him is gay.

It is no question on if they can do their job. Lets not make this a bashing post just your opinions.

Thank you again
    ajc88

Comment by ajc88 (original poster) at 4:37 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Lol, thanks for your honest opinion obbydobbie - it made me laugh thinking about my husband if he even thought ever gay guy was attracted to him! I am sure it is not the case but hey I like your honesty!
    ajc88

Comment by ajc88 (original poster) at 4:43 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Exactly what we were discussing but I think they are trying a trial thing that is suppose to be done in December of this year.. They say they do not want it to affect morale amongst other things because we are fighting a war - they have enough to deal with.. and do not want to put more on these guys
    ajc88

Comment by ajc88 (original poster) at 4:48 PM on Sep. 21, 2010