THIS IS NOT A JOKE! How do I get Destin Baby Rash Cream out of my carpet and couch??!!!!

I have tried Carpet and upholstry cleaner, windex (it works for most things lol) Soap and water, and clorox wipes :(I was taking a nap, my 16 month old was taking a nap as well and I left my almost 4 year old daughter to play in the frontroom because she didnt want to take a nap with us and she somehow got a hold of the baby butt cream :(

mommaofemma

Asked by mommaofemma at 4:31 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Well it would depend on the kind of couch - I have a suede/leather couch set. I looked up how to clean it online - with cool water and dish soap with a rag... then allow it to sit out to dry. I have even gotten chocolate ice cream off of it!

I would google it or try to call the company you bought your furniture from... or contact a furniture store that has furniture similar to what you have - maybe they can offer you some good advice!

I hope you get it out. Sorry I couldn't help more - wish you the best of luck!
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 4:35 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I think what makes it stick to the carpet is the oil in it. I would try something known to combat oil.. turpentine? It smells god awful, but might not be bad as a spot cleaner. Its used to get paint off of things. That might actually be too abrasive >_
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 4:35 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I would have no idea, I would have guess soap,
    Sarasmoonflower

Answer by Sarasmoonflower at 7:04 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Dawn dish soap work well on any type of petroleum product.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:01 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I would try Dawn, it cuts the oil in the diaper cream. Good luck.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:07 PM on Sep. 22, 2010