Has anyone tried the Babies can read program?

I saw the add on TV about it, it fasinated me. I am intrested in if it has worked for other moms on here. How early did you start you baby? How much does it cost?

Mrs.Tank00

Asked by Mrs.Tank00 at 8:21 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it is expensive my husband and I are going to make our own. My husband looked in to it for one package it is almost $200.
    MommyTessier

Answer by MommyTessier at 9:02 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• What is this? Can you message me?
    oh__you

Answer by oh__you at 9:27 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I've read about it. The study I read said that the kids go into kindergarden being advanced but by the time a child hits like.. i think it was 4th? grade they are all on teh same level again. So it doesn't really help anything, just gives the parents bragging rights and keeps the kid from being a kid. JMO
    Kayere

Answer by Kayere at 11:34 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• $200??? I got mine for about $75. I think I got mine early on though. Maybe they've raised the price now that it's becoming more popular? I don't use it like I'm supposed to. They are supposed to watch it everyday. (there are 4 different DVD stages) I'll tell you this though, it's great to put in when you need the kids distracted. My son will watch it over and over. I've also had a 2 year old and 5 year old sit glued to the T.V.

I'm gonna start trying to have my son watch it more, but I'm not obessing whether or not he really learns to read from it. I do believe that done right, it will teach them to read early, but they probably do level out eventually like the other poster said.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 3:36 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Just wanted to add that it's also great for vocabulary building!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 3:37 PM on Oct. 20, 2008