What do you say to your teens friends when you speak to them and they do not respond to you?

For example: I gave my DD and her girlfriend a ride today. When DD's girlfriend got in my vehicle and out of my vehicle she slammed the door pretty hard. I already knew she didn't feel good from when we had talked earlier in the day but when I spoke to her asking her not to slam the doors to my vehicle she did not respond to me. I said her name specifically as she was walking away from the car and she stopped and looked so I repeated myself. She turned with no acknowledgement and walked away.

marchar2002

Asked by marchar2002 at 4:33 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I would have gotten out of the car and put my arm around her while sarcastically pointing out how worried about her that I am because she "must be TERRIBLY sick" since she didn't hear me or respond to me. I'd make it sugary sweet while giving her the "death" stare. lol Chances are she would be so taken off guard by your behaving this way that she'll apologize to you and make her excuses. Unfortunately, outside of making an ass out of her, there's nothing else you CAN do to someone elses kid.... EXCEPT to never give her another ride or have her around your house until she can learn some respect and apologize for her bad behavior. I haven't had too much experience with rude kids because my daughter's won't allow their friends to treat me with disrespect. All of their friends call me "Mom" and treat me with the respect I'd hope they give their own mothers. Good Luck!
    shellakers

Answer by shellakers at 1:06 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• wow... I have never had a friend THAT down right disrespectful - ever.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 4:49 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I usually say something sarcastic, "Did you hear me? Clean out the potato patch". Slam it again, I break your fingers works too.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:02 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I don't know I've never had that happen to me either.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 5:16 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I have no idea what I would do. I've never had that happen to me.
    russianitk

Answer by russianitk at 6:55 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Simple....STOP GIVING HER RIDES!
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 8:56 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I would tell her unless she got more respect for me and my vehicle she could walk her rude butt to her next location...
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 11:01 PM on Sep. 21, 2010