Have you ever been told you are a bad parent because you formula feed?

I have. How does it make you feel?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:47 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• YES -It tore me up at first because I tried so hard but the longer I've been here, I blew it off
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:48 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• NO- It was my choice to formula feed my children. Why should anyone judge you for that
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:49 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Not me in particular,but FF feeding moms as a whole on here. It makes me mad!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:49 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I was never told that I was a bad parent, but I felt like one. The further we moved from breastfeeding the better I felt about my child getting the nutrition that I wasn't able to provide for her.
    coala

Answer by coala at 4:49 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• no but that would be way rude!!!
    mb143

Answer by mb143 at 4:50 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I was never told personally, but, I felt like it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:50 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I was never told anything like that. More people in my life have formula fed than breastfed. I was the 2nd person I knew to do it.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:51 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I have been told that. BUT I was really quick to inform that person that with both children I breastfed for the first two weeks of their lives. I had to stop with my first because I got staff from being on hospital bedrest with him for a month and a half. They made me take antibiotics that would hurt him if I provided that breast milk to him. SO, I had to stop. The second child - I breastfed until I started getting the hard lumps which the doctors were trying to help me with but my milk production starting decreasing so I had no other choice but to stop.

I hate that they judge you when you either tried your hardest or they just wanna be butts.
    Breastfeeding just isn't for everyone. IMO
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 4:51 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I have, by a nurse when I delivered my youngest. When I was in the hospital with my second child, I also had the LeLeche women telling me that I was killing my DD because I was giving her formula. It is absolutely no one's business whether you breast or formula feed - people shouldn't judge.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 4:51 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I wanted to breastfeed badly. I admired how my best friend made tons of milk and did it with ease for a full 12 months. I however take meds that are not safe for baby, and also limit milk supply. Also, when my first baby was born, I went to his 2 week check up to have the ped send him straight to the ER because he had lost 3 lbs. Turns out I was not making enough milk, and yes he was latched on properly. I felt so guilty. You don't have to explain why you do either to me!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 4:53 PM on Sep. 21, 2010