"Don't Ask, Don't Tell?" Really?...

This seems to be a touchy-feely issue for a lot of people theses days. So, let's put the reasoning in perspective. First of all, I have friends who are gay and personally I have no issues with them as long as they don't impose their lifestyle upon me. So, I'm not a homo-phobe! In a nutshell, they want to serve in the military "openly" to all the others in the troop, "Hey, I'm a screaming rainbow". If I were a straight soldier, I wouldn't mind going into battle with a gay soldier but afterwards, he wouldn't be sharing the same shower with me and getting a free peep or woody cause he thinks I looked like Ashton Kutcher. So, let them serve but just give them separate quarters to bunk and if they don't like it, then tiffy-tuff!

NikkiVan1

Asked by NikkiVan1 at 4:51 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• THANK YOU! WELL SAID!
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:52 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• OMGOODNESS!! what is with this whole idea that because a gay person looks at a showering or pissing straighty, they automatically are thinking sexual thoughts??? do you automatically think sexual thoughts when you see anyone showering or using the loo? i know i don't! **NEWFLASH**NOT EVERYONE IS ATTRACTED TO YOU!! STRAIGHT OR GAY..some people will not find you sexually attractive. i know, it sounds crazy, and hard to fathom...but its true.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 4:55 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I just posted something about this! I think some people took it wrong when I put that my husband wouldn't be comfortable sleeping next to one on like a deployment or something. IT IS COMPLETELY different if they have separate quarters and showers -- then he would have no problem with it whatsoever!
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 4:55 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• My DH and I also have several gay guy friends that we LOVE to death! It isn't about being gay it is about being comfortable in your job. IF THEY HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE more power to them.. just do not let it create uncomfortable situations for anyone else that is not okay with them in the same sleeping area or showers.
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 4:57 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• They are still human beings willing to serve OUR COUNTRY! Part of the problem is talk of segregation as if they have some rainbow fairy dusty the heterosexual men are gonna catch. This is so fricken ridiculous!!
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 4:58 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• it funny...i don't know of any gay military, or wannabe military, who have a problem sleeping next to a straight person. and, i know the majority of military is male, but i just don't get this same 'anti-gay' vibe from female military.
    anyone? or is it just the typical homophobic male that has a problem with it?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:00 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• What happened to live and let live!
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 5:06 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Hey...I dont want to shower with men. Is it because I think I am SOOOO sexy they will all jump my bones if they see me naked......NO lol. But I would STILL be extremely uncomfortable. So I can see this point of view....

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 5:20 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Why would anyone be uncomfortable? If you get hit on, as a military man, you could just say "I am flattered, but no thanks. I am straight and would rather be friends,co-workers,etc. " It is just that simple. Gays don't make you gay of you get too close to them. LOLOL>
    Some people need to grow up.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 5:26 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I really thought our soldiers were brave enough to defend our country why would they be afraid of gays in the military? Its don't ask don't tell, so whether they like it or not, we already have gays serving in the military. This is pure discrimination. Let them serve if they want to. Its their right as a United States Citizen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:27 PM on Sep. 21, 2010