Do you believe that we as a society or as an online community should censor everything we type or say because it may hurt someones feeling somewhere?

Or do you feel we should always be open and honest and say what we feel and only apologize if we inadvertently hurt someone?

BradenIsMySon

Asked by BradenIsMySon at 4:52 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• You know me, I don't do the sensor thing... I'm open and honest about everything... If you don't want to hear my honest opinion, don't ask me for it...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:53 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Hell no
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:55 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Be open and honest but do so respectfully. Stop and think BEFORE posting..is this something I would say to the persons face? If not, then you probably shouldn't say it online either.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:01 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• You know what? Drop it already, go take everyone over to the thread you are referring to,if you truly feel your side of the street is clean. I tried to drop it, but YOU don't let it go. Stop trying to get people to hop on your bandwagon without the facts. I'm sorry I even shared how I felt. You were VERY insensetive. Take accountability for what you type.

She's mad because she got called out for being rude and insensetive when I shared that I lost a close relative as a child to being hit by a car, and that trivialising it is offensive.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:04 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I agree with tyfry! Beautifly said! If you can't say it to their face, don't say it on here! And some of the stuff I see on here, scares me even more to think that you could say it to another humans face!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 5:09 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• You jumped on someone you don't know for making a question that did not pertain to you. You were rude. Just because I feel that we should be allowed to post what we want , when we want without fear of upsetting or pissing off random ANON people does not make me insensitive. This is considered an open and public forum, therefore, we can ask any question we think of whether we have permission of the public or not. I should not have to spend my every waking moment picking and choosing carefully my every word out of of possibly upsetting one or two people. Things have been posted on here before that may have hurt my feelings, but, I did not go in to the post and attack the OP in ANON mode. I skipped it. Which is exactly what you need to do if everything on this damn site upsets you so much. Maybe you need to deal with that issue you seem to have and stop jumping on strangers in the internet.
    BradenIsMySon

Comment by BradenIsMySon (original poster) at 5:09 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Really? It didn't pertain to me? Trivializing such a serious thing? Oh but Ithink it does. If you aren't in the wrong why don't you let everyone see what you posted.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:11 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I feel you can be open and honest w/o being rude and ignorant. Some of the answers I see posted are unnecessarily cruel. If you do post something that upsets someone, you should apologize whether or not you meant it the way the other person took it.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 5:13 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• The original question DID NOT pertain to you....yet, you chose to attack in it.

And my profile and my transcripts are public knowledge. Anyone can see any question I have answered. You however are a coward.

http://thestir.cafemom.com/baby/108659/5_breastfeeding_myths_you_probably?ct=acm_stir_popular (the one ANON is so adamant I post)

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/558713/Would_you_rather_run_over_someone_elses_child_with_your_car_OR_Have_someone_run_over_your_child_with (the original question where ANON decided to attack the OP)

BradenIsMySon

Comment by BradenIsMySon (original poster) at 5:14 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I hate censoring in life in general, so no I don't think we should. I also rarely apologize if something I say offends or upsets someone, if they asked for my point of view or opinion. Now if I say something and it just comes across wrong or hateful, THEN I will apologize.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 5:14 PM on Sep. 21, 2010