Hair coloring question..

I just had my hair stripped and redyed earlier this week, but it's the wrong color, how long should I wait before I restrip it and dye it?

kittie1919104

Asked by kittie1919104 at 8:39 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• I WOULD WAIT A MONTH, BUT THAT IS NOT A PROFESSIONAL OPINION
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 8:44 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• is it the wrong color because its hideous, or just not quite right/what you wanted? your hair's porosity/condition is currently compromised, and another round of stripping/recoloring is likely to damage it more than it is. if the color is liveable, i'd wait a while, during which i'd be reconditioning it with protein/moisturizing conditioner. worse thing than a not-quite-right color is the right color breaking off from damage.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:47 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Hideous. Lol. Thank you!
    kittie1919104

Answer by kittie1919104 at 8:54 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• how often do you color your hair? and how many processes did it take when you stripped it? if it already looks fried then no you need to leave it alone for a very long time. what color is it and what was it supposed to be? i am a hairdresser.
    qtpatootiecth

Answer by qtpatootiecth at 8:57 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I don't color it often, they stripped it once and put 2 coats of color on it. It's a real real dark auburn and I wanted light auburn.
    kittie1919104

Answer by kittie1919104 at 1:51 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• wash it a bunch it will fade. its not worth stripping it a bunch and frying your hair.
    qtpatootiecth

Answer by qtpatootiecth at 10:35 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Exactly. Auburn (re: Red) ALWAYS fades. It's why I stopped using it... I hated dyeing my hair burgundy and having it turn pink 2 weeks later.
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 6:06 PM on Oct. 23, 2008