Should I feel this way

So me and my spouse are friends with this couple and we do alot of family dinners and trips together etc, but the more we hang out the worse I feel because the man in the other couple is alot like me we think alike we laugh at the same jokes, we like all the same things hes like the best friend I have never had and now lately I feel there is more closer tension between us and I feel myself thinking if him often and I see the way he looks at me. I wouldn't cheat because I love my husband its just nice to feel someone understands me. NOWV WHAT?????????????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• It may be best to distance yourself from the other couple for awhile. Are you and your DH having problems which make this man seem more interesting to you? This is a slippery slope, be careful.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 5:00 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• stay away.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:00 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• nothing. leave it alone. you chose your husband to be with so you have to be faithful.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 5:01 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• You have to limit your time with them. Dont talk to him outside of events you do with your hubby. Its playing with fire. I know you dont want anything to happen with him so dont put yourself in a position to be tempted or cause problems in your marriage.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:02 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Stop it now. It will ultimately end up with someone hurt regardless if something does or doesn't happen. You do not want your husband seeing or even thinking that something is going on - that can create trust issues.. and Trust is very important in a good healthy relationship!
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 5:03 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I think you should start limiting the contact you have with him for a while, I think it's fine for you to still be friends but, make an effort to see him and talk to him less, and spend more time with your hubby, you fell in love with him for a reason, take some time to remeber them
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 5:04 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• First off you need to take him a side and ask whats happening between you too and than make it clear it needs to stay on a friend base only, Second never be alone with him or go anywhere alone so their is no opening for anything to go wrong. You might say you would never cheat but people react differant when the moment arises and you don't have time to think it through. Remember the grass is never greener on the other side and once you go forward there is no going back.
    rebelchickrocks

Answer by rebelchickrocks at 5:04 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Never let yourself be left alone with him. So you both will not be tempted. If it ever did come up that he aproached you about the subject. Just tell him straight out. I like you but that is as far as it will ever go.

Answer by louise2 at 5:05 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I think that it is ok to have a male friend but like the others say...don't get to close or talk with him outside of the events with your husband....you don't want your husband to think something is going on when nothing is....If you think that it would be too hard for you then I would stay away completely....If you want to maintain your friendship then always involve your husband and never see him without his wife or your husband....But it can get become a mess fast....so trust your gut....if you think that he may want more or that you may...I would stay away no matter what....make it known that you are just friends if it comes to that....and if he makes a move tell your husband and advoid them...
    sharonnacy

Answer by sharonnacy at 5:13 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• You and this guy have developed a kind of crush on each other. Likely neither of you would act on it, but you can always feel the tension of a crush. The dynamic in couples will lend itself to these kinds of crushes bc you are together, friendly, trusting... you and him are probably alike bc you are both close to your husband. There is something to be said for opposites attracting... not huge opposites, but people who balance out the other's personality. I can definately seen where me and my husband best friend have very similar personalities. We get along great... we have a lot in common... why? Because my husband selected people who bring out the best in him.

Crushes pass... I am sure there are things about this guy that you don't like too. Focus on those things for a while and you will re-center.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 5:13 PM on Sep. 21, 2010