"Why" Do You Want To Work From Home?

What is your "why"? What motivates you?
I love time to be with my kids as they grow up.
I like the idea of being my own boss.
I enjoy my freedom.
I want to set an good example for being independent and inspire others.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Money & Work

• I work at home to:
    -Take care of my girls
    -Not miss out on their milestones and taking them to activities
    -To bring my husband home F/T
    -TO have CONTROL over when I work, what I wear, etc...
    -To design a life for my family with Financial freedom, time freedom, freedom from a boss and so much more

Good Luck ladies in all of your ventures. We can all achieve our goals if we just work hard!!
    ChristinaAtHome

Answer by ChristinaAtHome at 6:49 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I work from home so that I can be my own boss. I'm currently working to open a new website and online metaphysical store as well as working to open an outside wedding planner shop. Beyond that I work doing freelance writing and blogging. I do it because I frankly don't do well with others deciding when I can come and go, when I have to work and when I can rest and how much I can make. I am my only boss and I like it that way. Now, I look forward to working outside the home as well, because to me that's relaxation, I work a hole less harder when I'm working for someone else and it gives me a break from the house, the kids and the on going to do list that comes with my life... So I guess I'm a Half and Half kind of person...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:05 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Sounds like you found a way to have balance in your life.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 5:09 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I work from home, but not for myself. I work for a large company that has an office about an hour a way. I do go into the office sometimes and I do like an office environment, but I like to work from home because I don't like to commute. I save about $200/mo in gas and 1.5 - 2/hrs per day on commute time. I have a higher quality of life bc I work from home.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 5:19 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I couldn't, I would feel like a little rat in a cage - would drive me stir crazy.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:26 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I'd love it if I worked from home to have more time with family, more freedom, less stress and more money, less daycare and less driving in the flipping wintertime.
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 5:30 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I like answering to myself, making my own schedule, setting my own goals and reaping the benefits of that plus providing woman with amazing jewelry at amazing prices. All three of my kids are in school so I like having time for me but also having time to get organized and have off when I need to
    JuJubean1979

Answer by JuJubean1979 at 5:45 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I want to work at home because even though my son is in school, I still like to be there for him. I want to be able to volunteer at his school or go on school field trips. Also, I want to work from home that way when my husband has a day off, I can spend the day with him. And finally, I want to work from home and be my own boss, because I am tired of working for other people and sharing my great ideas and not getting any credit for it.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 5:57 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• id love to work from home but i cant find anything that seems real.
    jamiethornton26

Answer by jamiethornton26 at 6:06 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I work at home to be accessible to my family at all times, to have control over my schedule and to help my husband out with our finances. But the main reason is that I want to be the one who tucks my kids in at night. I love hearing them say "Mom will you sing to us and tuck us in tonight?"
    reach4thestars

Answer by reach4thestars at 6:59 PM on Sep. 21, 2010