Work from home... is it possible?

My mother lost her job due to cut backs at her company... She is getting much to old to do other very physical jobs. My husband small child and I moved back home to help them pay the bills. We are making it but just barely. Its been wonderful not having to pay for child care because she stays home and takes care of my son. I was wondering if there were any ligit work from home companies out there for her to make a little extra money and still be able to stay home with my son. Any suggestions?

ejacks15

Asked by ejacks15 at 8:42 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Money & Work

• http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Are_there_any_real_work_at_home_companies_that_are_not_scams

That site has a list of companies that hire employees from home. Also, Disciples Cross and New England Crafters are 2 companies that pay you to do crafts that are legitimate. Haven't tried New England Crafters, but Disciples Cross was a bit of a problem for me personally. I have carpal tunnel and found that bending the nails was too difficult. You can buy prebent nails, but you can't sell back necklaces made with the prebent nails. (You can sell any necklaces you make on your own.)
    melamommy24

Answer by melamommy24 at 8:55 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I am involved with a company called Humanity Unites Brilliance - HUB for short. If your mom would like a company that will allow her to make money as well as make a difference for the world you can get more info at http://www.decideyourlife.hubhub.org My parents are also both involved with the company and really enjoy the freedom it allows them.
    GeorgeeLow

Answer by GeorgeeLow at 9:04 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Yes it is possible. You can check out my websites and email me if you ave any questions!
    www.EnjoyingMyTime.com
    www.DeliveringOnTePromise.com/Micu
    www.cashCrate.com/662814
    SaferAtHome

Answer by SaferAtHome at 9:05 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• There are so many possibilities. You just need to find the one that is right for you. I have a couple of websites you can check out: www.nicheaffiliates.synthasite.com and www.glimpses.synthasite.com.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 9:25 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I'm in almost the same boat... my fiance was laid off and I've been searching for a legit home based job that didn't cost me anything to do.. but still haven't found it.. I am starting to think it doesn't exist.
    good luck!!!
    chscris04

Answer by chscris04 at 9:28 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Hey there! There is a big difference between a work from home "job" and a work from home "business". Once you understand the difference, it makes it much easier to search for what you want. A wah "job" is where you are paid an hourly wage to work for someonelse...you are making them rich. A wah "business" is where you work fro yourself, set your own hours, and your income opportunity has the sky as the limit. You should never pay anything for a wah "job" but a wah "business" will require and deserves an investment in yourself and your business. So, what does your mom want? What do you want? If it is a job...there are not many out there and there are a lot of scams. If you do happen to find a legit one, it will not pay much at all. However, there are many wah businesses that are legit and you will earn much more then with a job. Find something that you are passionate about and run with it!!
    sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 10:47 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I will 2nd Sassyhettel she is write ,and if your mom or anyone is looking for home based business then check this out
    www.ttans.com
    I can only say that we are doing this business for the last 2 years and helped others also ,and will help your mom too (provided she is teachable & willing to learn )
    Regards
    Nuzhat
    lifesaver9

Answer by lifesaver9 at 12:28 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I have tried so many companies and I am now a SAHM along with working weekends doing some in home parties for women. I get to meet new women and I love it! I am a consultant for Pure Romance. This company has been around for over 15 yrs and it was even started by a single mom of 4 in her own basement! Pure Romance offers novelties, lotions, potions, spa products, and massage products. They have a special group of consultants who are qualified through a program for helping women who have or had breast cancer. They also have a foundation that raises money to help support breast cancer. There is all a college program where the founder will go and talk about safe sex practices before students get naked. I am proud to say I am apart of a wonderful company. They have kit specials every month so take a look and see if its right for you! Send me a message if you have any more ?s. jennamilander.pureromance.com
    mrsmilander

Answer by mrsmilander at 1:29 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I don't usually answer this question in this way, but as a grandmother I will. Do you qualify for state funded childcare or y care? If so, she can become qualified as a childcare provider through y care, or the state, and stay home with your child while you work, and get paid to do it. There is no prequalification saying that the caregiver can't be related--so this might work if you qualify.
    romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 3:20 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• There are many opportunities out there. The fact is trying to find one that fits YOUR needs and not someone elses. In todays setting, everyone is about green, health, wellness and an extra income. With my company you get all these plus more. 52 years and growing....look over my journals and profile for more info and let me know if you are interested and/or have any questions...Good Luck~!!!
    Crystal
    angeleyes31376

Answer by angeleyes31376 at 6:55 AM on Oct. 20, 2008