My 5 year old accidently elbowed me in the side of my belly. I am 11 weeks pregnant should i be worried about something happening to the baby?

wyattsmom281

Asked by wyattsmom281 at 8:47 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• No, a five year olds elbow will do no harm. You baby is so small right now and has so much space to move, you have no worry.
    Anonymous

• When I was 10 weeks pregnant I fell down the steps and feared the worse. I called mt dr an she told me to come in and everything was fine. She also told me that it was better for me to fall down the steps when I was in my first trimester cause the baby has more room. and can take more bumps then when they are oler. But you can always call your dr and find out..
    1st_timer_31

Answer by 1st_timer_31 at 8:56 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• That lil one is soooo protected in that warm and wonderful womb...Don't worry! If you are having any pain or bleeding, call the doctor. Many women have car accidents,falls and injuries that are very sever and the babies are ok. Try to relax and enjoy your pregnancy. I worried like a crazy person through mine and missed out on all of the fun! Take care and Congrats on the baby!

MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 9:30 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• absolutely not. You could fall down a flight of stairs and your baby would have a 99% chance of being perfectly fine. If you have no other symptoms i wouldnt worry at all and i doubt a 5 yr old has the strength to do enough damage anyways. But if you are terribly worried call your doc
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 9:39 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• oh and get the book what to expect when your expecting it settles so many worries
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 9:40 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I don't think you need to worry unless you are having any symptoms from that happening.

When I was about 7 1/2 months pregnant I had a neighbor's dog drag me across our backyard. I was in pain from it, I had bumps and scraps and bruises on my belly. Of course I went to the ER to get checked out. It all turned out fine though and there were no complications.
    mommy_bink

Answer by mommy_bink at 10:16 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• The baby still has alot of room to move around..I wouldn't worry about it unless you are having pains or something like that....when i was 8 months preggo I fell down 5 steps at work and didn't nothing more than piss my pants, and they told me to check my panties every hour to make sure I wasn't leaking any fluids... :) good luck
    brice08

Answer by brice08 at 2:02 AM on Oct. 20, 2008