What can I give him 7 weeks?

Ok i know this is a dumb qustion but my son is 7 weeks old and has a cold. My doctor said I can't give him anything cause if his young age. He is running a temp for the last 3 days of around 100. Do i give him anything or hope he will get better?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:51 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If your baby's temp is at 100, you need to take him to his doctor. My pediatrician told us that (when our son was that age) if he was running a fever of 100.1 or higher, to either take him immediately to their office to to an after hours clinic or ER.
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 8:53 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• If the doc said not to give anything, then don't, but I agree with the first poster, i would take your baby into the E.R. a fever is nothing to play around with.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 8:56 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Breastfeed, breastfeed, breastfeed. Nothing is a better and safer cure and it is a natural pain reliever too.

Anonymous

• Well my daughter is 10 weeks she had a cold when i brought her to her PD to get her first shots. He told me to give her sailen drops for her runny and stuffy nose its called little noses for infants and after she got her shots he told me if she gets fussy to give her tylenol infant drops he said to go by her weight not the age and he gave me a piece of paper with the info it says 6-11 lbs 0-3 months give o.4 ml she is 12 lbs and onley 2 months so i had to go by the next one which was 12-17 lbs for 4-11 mos give her o.8 ml that was for her fever im not saying what to do but thats what my PD said but if ur babys fever is high you prolly should take it to the er
    aggheff08

Answer by aggheff08 at 9:13 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• BREASTFEED...give your babe a tepid bath and tylenol dosage by the weight not the age. BREASTFEED...saline drops and a suction bulb for the mucus.
    NdJc0407

Answer by NdJc0407 at 9:38 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Most pediatricians say to see a doctor if a fever lasts more than 3 days because that means an infection is likely the cause and may need antibiotics. Less than 3 days and I would say don't wory about it if the temp is 100.5 or less. But because it's been 3 days take her to the doctor!
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 9:39 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Take him to the Dr.
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 10:47 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• How do you take his temp? My Ped says if it is rectally to subtract a degree (so if his temp is 100.4, it is actually 99.4 and not to worry, but if it is 102.4, than it's actually 101.4 and to call immediatly) I have given William tylenol for the fever since he was 2months. The OP that gave the weight/dose info gave the same weight/dose info my PED gave me. If he is congested, I put him in the bathroom while I take a hot shower, than suction his nose and put saline drops in. Also I put vicks on his feet with socks and it helps a ton
    Med109

Answer by Med109 at 11:27 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• they actually told me before i left the hospital not to take the temp rectal cuz it could cause sever damage cuz of a major vein. but my doc. told my it was okay to give my daughter baby Tylenol between the 4 and 8 mark on the dropper she is a few weeks older so i would do a little less but it hlps when she is really fussy to
    Aliesha_Baby

Answer by Aliesha_Baby at 1:37 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Give lowest dose of tylenol. If it continues, take him to the ER... Fevers are nothing to play with at that age.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 3:43 PM on Oct. 20, 2008