1 million dollars.... what would you do

Here's the scene-- a stranger gives you 1 million dollars BUT you cannot spend it on yourself, you have to use it to benefit others/spend on others. What would you do with the money, how would you spend it?

MizLee

Asked by MizLee at 5:28 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Low cost daycare centers for my city. I would use 1/2 the money for start up costs and the income from investing the rest to fund them from then on.
    mellonhead

Answer by mellonhead at 5:32 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Buy some land and start up a bully-breed rescue!!!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 5:29 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Give it back.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:30 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I would get my former orphanage in Russia rebuilt so that orphan kids have a place to go. Also, I would pay off all of the mortgages in the family.
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 5:31 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Open special education school. But I think that more than that would be needed.
    Honestbest

Answer by Honestbest at 5:33 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Pay off my parents house, pay off my family's medical bills, pay for my grandmother to go to an assisted living retirement home (one she can make friends and socialize, not one that they are in bed all day...Grandpa passed earlier this year, and she's not doing so well either)...give some to friends to help them with whatever they need help with...Any left over would go to charity
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 5:33 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Tithe
    Set back for for my kids education
    Donate to a few choice choice charities
    Give a huge amount to my wonderful parents and a few other family members.
    Send my sister, mom, grandmothers, aunt, best friend and SIL's on a girl's one month vacation of Italy/Europe.

motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 5:34 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I would buy buy things for my daughter, fiance and stepson. I would buy a house for my mom. I would put money in a college fund for my 14 year old sister, finish paying college for 21 year old sisters. I would put money in a college fun for my neices and nephews. I would put money in a college fun for my DD and SS. I would donate money/gifts to an organization for toys for children Christmas. I would donate money to homeless shelters and places like that. I would donate money to Children's Hospital. Everything other than the house that I bought for my mom would be to benefit children in one way or another.
    FuntographyKim

Answer by FuntographyKim at 6:36 PM on Sep. 21, 2010