Do people who come to work sick really think they are not going to give it to someone?

kamore

Asked by kamore at 5:39 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Money & Work

• I agree that sometimes you just can't afford to miss. But I also try to take into consideration who I work with. In our back office there is only two of us. I have a 4 and a 5 yr old and my co-worker has a 1 yr old. so that is always a thought for me.
    mommy2each

Answer by mommy2each at 11:05 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Sometimes you can't afford to stay home.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:43 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I used to have a job where if my boss couldn't find someone to cover for me I had to go in, and he never really tried to hard to get someone to cover. I found it easier to just go in and try to make it through. Also sometimes people can't afford to call in, or they feel like they can make it through the day, so why not try. At what point should it be considered too sick to come in? I personally like to hold off if I can, you never know when you might need the sick time later on in the year/life if you can accumulate the time.
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 5:47 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• where i used to work you were only allowed to call of 4 days in the year and i worked at a docs office! 4 days, thats was it! so u had to wait til you were like dying. now if you went into work and they sent you home it didnt count as one of your days.
    jamiethornton26

Answer by jamiethornton26 at 5:54 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Nope, they think that if they don't come into work the job will find someone to fill that position and they lose their job, OR they think that if they don't come into work, who will pay the bills?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:55 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• i work around food and i do call out when i'm sick and i still get bitched out by my boss. I understand that it may be hard for them to find help but i would think they would want sick people to stay home...also its not always that easy to provide an excuse for my boss..i don't always have 50 dollars to go to the doctor whenever i feel like it.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:59 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• No, they think the Electric company could care less if they are sick...

Sick or not, you still have bills to pay, you still have to eat, and you still have to care for your kids...

If you are able to function, you have no reason to call off...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:01 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• If you have bills to pay and no sick days you gotta do what you gotta do.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:15 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• nope but you have bills to pay and other expenses that could careless if you're sick or not.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 4:55 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• That has nothing to do with coming to work sick. People can't afford to stay home either because of money or fear of losing job. Bosses don't care if you are sick or not as long as the work gets done.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:56 AM on Sep. 22, 2010