when will i ovulate?

I started having a brown discharge one day after i should have started my period. That went on for 4 days and then i started bleeding like a normal period for 6 days. I am nursing and my periods aren't usually on time, also my periods started up again in july. So when should i have counted the days until ovulation? The day of the discharge starting or the actual bleeding??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• actual red blood....are you sure you are ovulating if you are breastfeeding?
    MiraclesDHappen

Answer by MiraclesDHappen at 9:07 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Usually approximately 14 days after the first day of your period. But since your periods a still irregular from breastfeeding, your better of using an Ovulation predictor test kit.
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 9:09 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• thank you both, no i am not sure i am ovulating. is it possible i wont until i stop bf?
    Anonymous

• If you go to pregnancy.com it will ask you the first day of your last period and it will tell you good luck hope this helps
    Beccah2

Answer by Beccah2 at 9:47 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• No, it IS possible to ovulate while breastfeeding. Just everyone is different, so you may not for awhile or not at all.
    I am breastfeeding my almost 11 month old and got my period and everything back at 4 months after her birth.
    mommy_bink

Answer by mommy_bink at 10:35 PM on Oct. 19, 2008