Meal ideas?

My two kids are picky eaters....if it is a fruit or veggie they will not touch it....Does anyone have any ideas how to get them to eat fruits and veggies...Tried the cheese on the veggies and they licked the cheese off and tried different fruits...Can't think of anything else....Any idea

sharonnacy

Asked by sharonnacy at 5:46 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Jessica Seinfield wrote a cookbook on how to "sneak" vegies into food that kids love to eat anyway. You could probably get it at your local library. There's another author who's written a similar cook book as well. Some of the recipes are really good and easy, others not so much. :)
    Jackie1081

Answer by Jackie1081 at 9:30 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• drinkingI love giving DD V8 Fusion because she is not doing so well with veggies right now but you have to give them a small portion every meal no matter what. What fruits are you trying? Always the same or making it different everyday? Are they fresh, canned or frozen? Same q's about the veggies. DD loves berries, not strawberries but anything strawberry flavored is fine. Kids are funny like that. As for veggies, she loves pasta so I sneak corn into her mac n cheese, minced spinach into her spaghetti... Good Luck!

DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 8:36 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Daphne used to REFUSE to eat any veggies but peas and corn and she wouldn't eat any fruit but mandarin oranges. I would give her fruit & veggie juices, which she would drink with no problem, but then I discovered that she loved mashed up beans (usually pinto and black beans). I started buying jars of 2nd foods baby food, veggies and fruits, and would put a serving of one or the other in her beans and she would eat it and never realize! I did the same thing with mashed potatoes, too.

Now she's getting better and actually eating veggies. I just keep presenting them to her like "it's not going to go away!" so she'll eat carrots and broccoli and she'll eat apples, pears and pineapple. Just gotta keep trying!
    antigravity_x

Answer by antigravity_x at 10:59 PM on Sep. 21, 2010